25. A New Journey

Looking at Mrinal's rosy face Subham waited for Mrinal to calm down while patting his head.

"I think...my pant is ripped" Mrinal spoke as he raised his head looking into Subham's eyes. 

"Huh? When?" Subham was puzzled.

"Just when you pulled me down now." Mrina's face turned red again.

"Oh, stand up let me see." Subham lifted Mrinal from his lap and stood him on the ground.

Subham looked at Mrinal's back there wasn't any tear on his pants.

"There doesn't seem to be any tear but just to be careful wrap my sweater around your waist." Subham removed his sweater and tied it under Mrinal's waist under the jacket.

"Is this too suspicious?" Mrinal was concerned. 

"That shouldn't be the case, or do you want to go to the room directly?" Subham pulled Mrinal closer, trapping him between his legs.

Mrinal almost staggered as he placed his hands on Subham's shoulder to stabilize himself, "No, let's go back to the event or if the teacher finds me missing I'll be scolded."

Subham raised an eyebrow and asked, "So, my Mimi has never sneaked out of the class huh?"

"Of course not what kind of student do you think I am? I'm excellent in class" Mrinal retorted immediately.

Subham laughed heartily listening to Mrinal as he said, " Of course, my baby is the best!" 

Each time Subham called Mrinal's baby, Mrinal would refuse it but today he didn't deny it and just asked, "Why do you call me baby?"

Subham contemplated for a moment and said, "That's because I want to protect you, take care of you, you are precious to me, and you also make me happy hence it's proven you are my baby."

"Oh oh...." Mrinal fiddled with Subham's shirt momentarily before speaking, "Then you are my baby too, you also make me happy."  

Subham was left stunned by Mrinal's words, he couldn't hold back and burst out laughing. 

"Hahaha...Mimi, you are so innocent." Subham pecked Mrinal on his cheeks repeatedly.

"I'm not." Mrinal retorted in a low voice.

Before the event ended Subham took Mrinal back to the event venue.

When Subham returned to his seat he faced the questioning gazes of his friends and asked, "What?"

"Tell me where did you go that you lost your sweater?" Raghav who was closest to Subham asked.

Subham calmy without changing his face, "Just in the garden with Mrinal, taking a walk."

"Just a walk?" Anannd questioned.

"Yes." Subham looked at the stage as he answered.

Suddenly there was the sound of the camera clicking, as Subham turned to look it was Raghav taking pictures of him.

"What's that for?" Subham asked Raghav with a doubt.

"Proof of your love affair," Raghav replied without changing his face.

"Huh?" Subham expressed his doubt.

All of them suppressed their laughter, their shoulder shaking and heads collapsing on one another, "You have pink color stains on your lips, probably your wife's lip balm?."

Subham understood it immediately, he never felt this type of embarrassment, "Oh." saying so, Subham wiped his mouth with a handkerchief.

The color was very light even almost unnoticeable, this people paid too much attention to him, probably they knew what was going on!