2. Invitation

The uncle at the front opened the gate for him after which he padded through a garden and stood in front of the locked house. Subham put aside the lock and key he had just opened. He had the key to this house in his pocket. 

Subham entered the house and saw that the living room was really beautiful. The decoration of this living room has a retro vibe. The carved wooden sofa, the glass coffee table with wood frame, and the hand-woven embroidery decorated all around the house: the tablecloth, sofa cover, wall hanging fabric with bamboo straw border, and picture of a couple in black and white on the wall. The house is well decorated.

The picture of the couple hanging on the wall is the grandparents of this body who have passed away. The original body is from a single-parent family after his father divorced his mother.

The father of this body was a scum, he went overseas for further studies with the money provided by his wife's family and returned home after 8 years, as a doctor in a prestigious medical university in India. 

What's outrageous is that it's fine that he returned late but he also brought his new wife and a four-year-old child with him.

All these years he had the chance to tell his family that he wanted to have a family with another woman, but he never told his wife that he did not want to maintain this relationship anymore in those letters. Otherwise, her parents would have stopped sending him money. The whole family conspired against his mother.

The divorce went smoothly for this body's mother, she agreed to divorce as long as they returned all her dowry and the money her parent had sent over the years. She went out of that house, taking all the things she had brought with her, and had earned herself which reduced two-thirds of the father's family wealth. 

Subham's grandparents were the wealthy landlords of their time. The wealth left by his grandparents is not a small amount. So, his mother never told his husband or his family that she had such property to her name. Even Subham himself has some land, gold, and houses to his name.

She let the world know that she's divorced and has nothing to do with their family and came back to her prosperous hometown which is developing steadily. The town where they currently live is called Sindh Nagar. 

Even if his father later knew that his mother had so much wealth to her name, he could have done nothing about it. The amendment of the right to property in 1989 allows women and twins to retain their property to themselves unlike before when after marriage, a wife's property belonged to her husband legally. 

In modern terms, his mother is a boss lady.

Subham himself was in favor of his mother divorcing his father, he did not want to see her mother waiting for a man who did not know his way home.

At a time when divorce was a rare event, his mother was the first to publicize her divorce and the cause of it. It was not an act of revenge, she simply wanted to protect herself and her child from her husband's family.  

Subham's mood was a little complicated, whether his current parents or the one in his past life were divorced. 

But his current mother is much better, she is attentive and careful when it comes to her children.

Tracing the memory Subham went to his room on the second floor.

This room is even more well decorated, with the carved Mahagony canopy bed with a thick mattress, the Mahagony tables and chairs, and the carved Mahagony cabinet. This decoration screams the word 'wealthy'.

The whole afternoon he was busy visiting the whole house inside and out. The house is really big like a mansion. The servant quarter is on the side of the house, the front is the garden, and the back is where the bathroom, a closed water well, hand pump, and groundwater pump are. 

The lady boss is rich and rich. 

The original body got only those scholarships which are provided regardless of income, wealth, and gender. In short, he's a genius. Subham himself is no exception.

However, he does not think that he's any good because the schools where he studied only had genius students in them.

Because if your school puts coding as your elective subject then what else can you be afraid of in life? 

Maybe because his body was exhausted or the cool temperature inside the house made him comfortable, he fell asleep on the sofa in the living room.

The sound of someone talking woke him from his sleep. As he opened his eyes, he saw his mother and another older woman talking about what to cook for dinner. 

At this time his mother as if sensing something turned his head and saw him waking up so she told the older woman to do her work walked towards him and asked " How do you feel? Is it better now?"

"Yes, it's all right now. What's that in your hand?" Subham asked while sitting up, a little curious, as he looked at the golden yellow envelope which looked like a wedding invitation card.

"Oh! It's a wedding invitation from your future in-law family. Your to-be wife's older sister is getting married in 10 days.  They came to the restaurant to deliver the invitation. They told me it was inconvenient to visit the house before the marriage. Tsk. Do they take me as a fool? Don't I know how much affection they have for us or their second child? Guess who the girl is getting married to?" 

"Who?" asked Subham.

"Your to-be wife's ex-fiancé! don't you smell something fishy?" 

"It's fishy. So, why did you agree to my marriage with that family?"

"Do you think it's your misfortune to marry Mrinal? I'm telling you it's your biggest blessing. Let me tell you I have met that child before, he is exceptionally beautiful, polite, kind, and obedient too. The hero and heroine are nothing in front of that child." replied Sudha, his mother, she seems to be pretty proud of this.

"Then what about Mrinal? Does he agree to this marriage?" Subham asked a little puzzled. If Mrinal had a fiancé, then why did he agree to this marriage?

 "I talked to him alone and he said he is willing. He does not seem to be sad or reluctant to marry you. There must be a reason, anyway it's your good luck. Next, your wedding will be on the March 20, five days after his sister's marriage."

"So soon?"

"Well, their family said it will be convenient as the relatives cannot stay here for much longer, so it is better to do it in one go."  

"Can you even be prepared for it so soon? Won't it be hectic?"

"It's not as complicated as a girl's marriage, our wedding house will prepare it as soon as possible. You don't have to be worried about it, you only need to buy what gift you want to buy for your little wife, the rest I'll take care of it." after saying this Sudha went to her room placing the card on the coffee table. The name written on the card is 'To, Miss Sudha Samant'.

"Seems there's no way to escape, getting married is inevitable. If nothing let's raise a son instead of a wife at least." Subham muttered to himself.

Around 8 o'clock he had dinner with his mother, the dishes on the table were quite rich.

After dinner, he went to his room, lay down on his bed after washing up, and fell asleep thinking about this marriage that fell on him like Newton's apple.

AN:
(Do you think it's justified for the government in this world to allow marriage for twins at the age of 15? Let me know your thoughts.)

Excuse me, ladies and gentlemen, please do not forget to vote ⭐ and comment💬 if you like, or don't understand something.

I'm easily satisfied. Just saying 😉