16. The Mark

After more than 24 hours of train journey, they finally reached Gomantak.

The concept of time inside the train was so blurred that it disrupted Mrinal's eating and sleeping time and now when they got off the train Mrinal felt sleepy again. 

Subham looked at Mrinal who was swaying because of sleepiness and decided, that next time he had to book a flight for such a long journey.

A helper from the station helped them to move the luggage while Subham held Mrinal's hand and led him out of the station to the taxi stand where a driver from the hotel was already waiting. 

Subham paid the helper after the luggage was put in the car trunk. 

Subham opened the door for Mrinal and blocked the car frame and as expected Mrinal bumped his head, "Pay attention when you sit down, Mimi."  

"Oh, yes." Mrinal came to his senses after bumping his head.

after half an hour they reached the hotel. Subham got off the car and opened the door for Mrinal who was struggling to open the door.

It's not that the car has a problem, but Mrinal had very few opportunities to sit in a car, making him unfamiliar with the function of the car.

While Subham waited for the hotel staff to deal with the luggage, he found Mrinal standing there with an infatuated expression on his face, as he stared at the hotel with his raised neck. 

"What are you looking at?" Subham asked curiously standing beside him.

"This hotel is so magnificent! like a castle on the island mentioned in the storybook." Mrinal sighed as he admired the hotel.

Subham also looked at the Indo-European castle-type hotel shining with a golden luster, the darkness of the night magnified the beauty of the hotel to an unprecedented level, and he agreed, "Indeed, it's magnificent. It's splendid."  

Subham registered his ID, held Mrinal hand, and followed the staff, who led them into their room.

"Are you still feeling sleepy?" Subham asked Mrinal who was looking around the hotel corridor admiring the decoration like a curious baby who was seeing the world for the first time.

"I don't feel sleepy anymore." Mrinal shook his head and answered.

"Then let's have dinner after we finish washing up" Subham led Mrinal into the room as he spoke.

"Okay." Mrinal finally felt energetic. 

Subham was also aware of this. They have been traveling for a whole day without a proper bath and now this humid weather is different from their state Avanti, which has a dry summer. The fresh and light feeling after a bath cannot be replaced by simply pouring some water on yourself.

After taking a bath Mrinal came out of the bathroom, came close to Subham, and moved his hand up and down, signaling Subham to bend down.

"What's wrong?"  Subham also lowered his head, now they were face to face with each other. 

"There's a shower inside," Mrinal whispered.

"Yes, so?" Subham nodded and raised his eyebrows asking what else? 

"And it has four glass walls. What's the point of making it transparent if you are going to make it like another room but you can still see everything inside?" Mrinal again whispered back.

Subham saw Mrinal's serious and innocent look and chuckled.

"Why are you laughing? Isn't it?" Mrinal pouted as he watched Subham laughing.