10. Reception

After having dinner and entertaining a bunch of guests Subham went upstairs with a few of Mrinal's luggage.

Subham opened the door slowly and looked inside the room and found Mrinal sleeping on the bed. Subham felt Mrinal must be tired for him to sleep like this.

Suham put Mrinal's luggage on the corner, walked to the bed picked up Mrinal, and laid him down on the left side of the bed. since it was a little hot Subham closed all the doors and windows and turned on the air conditioner.

Subham was used to sleeping half naked and he didn't consider Mrinal to be much different from any boy, so he took off his shirt and went to sleep as usual.

Everything was pretty much the same or that's what he thought before but now feeling the presence of another warm body beside him Subham had a strange feeling although he wasn't able to recognize what kind of feeling it was.

 Around two O'clock Subham felt a warm body pressing against him, when he looked down he saw Mrinal almost curling his knees and sticking up to him.

Without thinking much Subham pulled Mrinal into his arms hugging him tightly from the side, feeling the relaxed movements from the body close to him Subham also relaxed his arms around Mrinal's back.

Early in the morning, Subham woke up before Mrinal. it was only five in the morning, Subham thought Mrinal should sleep a little more so, he didn't wake him up and went outside to exercise.

After half an hour Subham went downstairs and saw his mom and other helpers in the house getting busy with carrying loads of vegetables and pots.

"What's going on Maa? What are you going to do with all of these?" Subham asked a little puzzled.  

"Mrinal has to do the first cooking in the house, we are getting ready for this. Is Mrinal up yet?" Miss Sudha asked curiously.

Now Subham was a little troubled whether to reply honestly or not. "He is awake and is about to get ready, but you see Mrinal is so small, and letting him cook in such a large pot for so many people will tire him out."

"Hahaha look at this kid. Who told him to cook it all by himself? Most of the things will be prepared by the cook Mrinal just has to be present the entire time and do the first step of the cooking for every dish." Miss Sudha Laughed and explained the helpers also couldn't help laughing.

Subham just nodded his head in understanding and went upstairs. 

As soon as he reached his room he went up and saw Mrinal's sleeping face half buried on the pillow his slightly long hair spread on the pillow creating a peaceful scenery of an ethereal beauty submerged in the world of dreams. Although he didn't want to disturb Mrinal, he still had to do what he needed to do.

"Mrinal wake up." Subham shook Mrinal's arm but there was no response. He didn't want to waste any time, so he directly pulled Mrinal and sat him up on the bed. In response, Mrinal babbled something inaudible but he didn't wake up. 

Now it was almost six o'clock without much thought Subham picked up Mrinal. Mrinal thighs were strongly supported by Subham's left hand while his head nestled in the crook of Subham's neck. With another hand, he picked up a small bag that had a paper stuck with the handle with 'daily necessities' written on it.

Subham went out while talking to Mrinal "Mrinal wake up. I'm taking you downstairs you don't wake up now everybody will see you like this and talk behind your back." after seeing that Mrinal still didn't wake up Subham continued, "Maa is here, your mother-in-law is here Mrinal."

Maybe he listened this time Mrinal woke up in an instant, patting Subham's arms wrapped around his thighs he urged "Put me down! Quick!" 

As soon as he was put on the ground Mrinal stood up straight as if he was about to be inspected by his superior. Subham was amused by Mrinal reaction and chuckled a little.