22. Mrinal's Birthday

Subham had gone over to the club to make some minor improvements on the race car. It's not that nobody thought about doing it before but it requires knowledge and experiment which can be costly if it fails.

This team needs to stay on the popular list before he finishes the necessary arrangements for future development.

In the meantime, Devdutta was called by his paternal uncle who works in the Supreme Court.

Subham didn't know that he was called to get reprimanded by his uncle because he didn't inform his family before going out of the college.

To Subham this was new, but he understood the parents. People still do live in a joint family and being a united family is above anything else even if it means you have to live your life according to someone else's plan.

So he went to Pick up Dev with other friends.

When they reached their home his uncle didn't seem mad he politely invited them and also served them snacks.

Subham knew with just a look that they were about to be served with more than just snacks and drinks, and he was right!

"Young people are pretty daring these days, right? You don't even consider your family's feelings and just like that bunk classes and watch football matches! I think you don't want to study anymore." His uncle spoke calmly but it did bring some shame into their heart except for Subham.

"But Kaka it was a holiday and still is." Devdutta rebutted.

"Are you proud? Even if it was a holiday you still missed your self-study time." Devdutta's Kaka was indeed a lawyer, he was logically unreasonable.

His Kaka turned his head, looked at them all in their eyes, and said, "Is this how your father had taught you? Where's your honesty?"

Before his Kaka could say anything Devdutta stood up suddenly and Shouted, "Kaka that's enough!"

All of them were stunned then they watched Devdutta pulling away his uncle from the sofa and heading into one of the rooms.

Subham was skeptical thinking maybe Devdutta didn't like being questioned about his upbringing.

"You don't have to take to heart what he said, elders are like that he is just worried about us," Raghav spoke as soon as Devdutta left with his uncle.

"What?" Subham was confused, he didn't understand at first then it clicked that they were upset because of the insensitive remarks.

Subham understood and explained, "It's fine I know he didn't mean it maliciously, he is also a parent so I understand."

"That's good, I was worried for you." Kartik and Anand spoke at the same time.

Soon Devdutta came out with his Kaka, his Kaka looked at Subham for a while then said, "Just inform your mother she must be worried about you, she wouldn't want anything to happen to her one and only son."

Subham did understand his embarrassment and agreed, "Yes, I'll keep that in mind."

"You are a good boy." Devdutta's Kaka called him a good boy and Subham was accepted but he didn't know which part made him a good boy.

"Now get out of my house and tell your father I scolded you pretty harshly, otherwise you know what I'll do to you." Devdutta's Kaka smacked him in the back as he threatened him seriously.

Devdutta stuttered and replied immediately, "Ye...yes, sir."

Turns out they have colluded multiple times to deceive Devdutta's parents, no doubt his uncles love him very much Subham thought as they walked out of the community.