14. Returning Home

"How's Mrinal?" Miss Sudha asked while sipping her tea.

"He is fine now."  Subham poured the hot water into a coffee mug, mixing the ORS.

"I think, that child is too anxious to do well in everything, talk to him properly. It's his home, if he is not feeling comfortable here, then where will he?" Miss Sudha expressed her concern. 

"You should go for a trip with him somewhere, just relax and don't need to worry about all these things for a while," Rakesh advised Subham.

What an opportunist. He's grabbing every chance he can get, but that's not a bad idea. Subham raised his eyebrow at the cunning fox called Rakesh. 

"Probably but only after Mrinal, completes his return home ceremony." Miss Sudha spoke on the side, completely agreeing with Rakesh.

"I will look into it." Subham agreed and went upstairs.

---

"Mimi, here it is. Drink this after it's cooled down a little." placing the mug on the small table, Subham said to Mrinal, who was reading a novel at that moment.

"I will." Mrinal spoke as he closed the novel and looked at the mug on the small table for a while I asked, "Should I go downstairs? I think it's not good to stay in the room like this?"  

"Why is it not good?" Subham asked, "Is it because you want to go or do you think someone will scold you if you don't get yourself busy with work?"

Mrinal was stuck, unable to say anything.

"I should have paid more attention to you. How can you be comfortable with unfamiliar people and environment."  Subham thought about it, even Mrinal's parents didn't come to inquire much about their son's husband and his family.

"That's not the case, it's not like that. I just... just think that it's not good." Mrinal felt a little anxious, trying to explain the reason.

"And why is it not good? Mimi, you can tell me what you think, I will always listen to you." Subham assured Mrinal while pulling him closer and sat him on the bed.

"That... I don't earn any money and I didn't bring much dowry. So, if I don't do anything for this house, won't it be terrible." Mrinal didn't want to say all this, but he trusted the person in front of him, so he couldn't control his mouth.

 I have to say that Mrinal's sense of independence is pretty strong and rigid but distorted in concept. Maybe it is the way he has lived until now, but some things need to change here. Subham frowned a little.

"But you are completely wrong. I didn't marry you to earn money for this family or do work tirelessly nor is anyone displeased with you." Subham sighed, explaining further, "Don't think too much. What's mine also belongs to you; I have never felt forced to be responsible for you. I'm willing to spend my money and time with you." 

Subham is not lying, whenever he is with Mrinal, he feels completely relaxed both spiritually and mentally. This is probably the most relaxed he felt after living a decade with much turmoil and constant pressure.

"Not to mention duty or responsibilities, I'm WILLING to take care of you. It's nothing compared to you..." Subham wanted to say that losing your youth, and freedom for a completely strange family, but considering the mindset people have in this era he did not know how to convey it to Mrinal, so he could only say, "AnAnywayt need to live the life you want, if anything happens or any problem arises, I'm here for you."

"Live the life I want..." Mrinal felt these words were particularly tempting to him, he nodded a little absent-mindedly and came to his senses when he felt the slightly warm sensation on his palm followed by a strong and big hand wrapping his hands around the mug.