Chapter 63 - Glass Part 2

Swish! Swish! Swish!

Whoooosh!!

A large open fan spun at high speed dangerously close to Glass. The Five stumbled back at the unexpected attack. Sharp steel edges cut deep into the Shard's arm before spinning back to its master. Xi Xuan caught his fan expertly.

The fight between the two Shards had hardly been five minutes, but the muted commotions had brought out both the Lord of House Zhang and his Captain who were still discussing inside. Despite trying to keep quiet, their fight had inadvertently attracted the attention of the alert Zhangs.

"Check on Ghost," Lord Zhang ordered his Captain. Jumping gracefully into the air, he flung his fan expertly again and again at the intruder. Smaller ones appeared from his sleeves and soon the air was filled with deadly edged whizzing fans.

Although the wounded Shard danced and dodged, the blasted fans chased him as if they were alive. New cuts appeared on Glass' body each time Xi Xuan's weapons came near. He growled in disbelief, the nerdy lordling was taking him on!

Captain Zhang went over to Ghost who was barely conscious. Blood dripped down from his head half blinding him as he lay on the ground choking and clawing at his throat. The cords were too tight and he was too weak.

Quickly, Captain Zhang undid the bind, freeing the Shard. Ghost gasped and heaved, inhaling wonderful air into starved lungs.

"Are you o'kay?" Captain Zhang crouched by the fallen Five.

Ghost nodded between gulps of air. The Five pushed himself up with the help of Captain Zhang ignoring the blood running down his face. His throat hurt but he'd be alright, he was not going to die tonight. He had more pressing issues right now, Glass, he thought lifting his head only to see a fierce battle between his friend and his brother Shard. Fortunately, Xi Xuan was holding his own quite well.

As he watched, Xi Xuan jumped and spun effortlessly in the air, throwing and catching multiple fans gracefully. Glass avoided them as best he could, parkouring expertly out of the way. When they came close, fan and dagger attacked and blocked, meeting again and again without advantage.

Xi Xuan jumped high for leverage and advantage, his voluminous robes fluttering around him. Instead of hindering his movements, the special light fabrics traded with the pirates form faraway lands floated about him, masking his actual body. Targeting him in the air was fools play.

Meanwhile, the deadly whizzing fans continued their onslaught mercilessly.

"Damn you!!" Glass cursed. He didn't know the gentle scholar could fight so well!

The Shard feint a lunge then threw another dagger at the lord. A flurry of attacks followed, flickering knives in his face forcing Xi Xuan to retreat. Timing a counterattack, the Lord lashed back, catching Glass' arms with twin closed fans. Twirling them violently, the angled sharp edges cut and slashed, breaking skin until the Five released his weapons. Not giving up, Glass aimed high landing a kick at Xi Xuan's chest making him stumble back.

"Aren't you going to help him?" asked Ghost worriedly watching Xi Xuan avoiding another barrage of slivers. "He's a high level Shard."

"Xi Xuan can handle himself," replied Zi Min confidently watching the combatants. Both were now catching their breaths. A moment later, the Shard and the lord were at it again.

"He's after Xi Xiu. She's his real Target."

"What!! Lady Zhang?" cried Captain Zhang releasing Ghost to push him away roughly. The young and mischievous Zhang Xi Xiu was the most cherished in the Zhang household. He jumped up to help Xi Xuan. "That's different then!"