Chapter 42 - First Kiss

"Xi Xiu."

The young girl shivered as Ghost's low velvety voice caressed her name like a lover's touch. His tone and timbre promised illicit pleasures. Slowly, he drew her in for a kiss and she complied willingly.

Xi Xiu's heart fluttered wildly when their lips met. It was her first real kiss from a man. And not just any man but her handsome annoying Xiao Gui! Her secret fantasies were about to come true! She closed her eyes in anticipation. She hoped it would be as magical as she had heard.

Ghost kissed her gently as if tasting her. He started with little tentative touches with his lips as if afraid she would withdraw. If she did, he would try his damnest to let her go. After all, there was still the cold half frozen lake waiting to cure him. He was not so far gone that he could not restrain himself. Yet, it would be the hardest thing he would have ever done if he had to stop now, but that was far better than hurting Xi Xiu.

When she did not pull away, his heart swelled in gratification and amazement. Encouraged, Ghost pressed himself firmly against against her. He parted her soft lips and kissed her deeply engulfing her in pleasure. She squeezed her eyes surrendering herself to the sweetest sensations. Her body trembled, her heart fluttered wildly like a hummingbird's wings and her legs suddenly felt weak. If not for Xiao Gui's strong arms around her, she would probably have melted into a puddle at his feet!

Cocooned in his warm embrace, she felt protected, safe and treasured. She couldn't believe it. Her Xiao Gui was holding her in his arms and kissing her!

It was an unconscious decision but it was at that moment, when Xi Xiu claimed Xiao Gui as hers.

So this was how it felt like to be kissed by your crush! It was so exciting, so romantic, so wonderful. Xiao Gui was holding her tenderly as if she was fragile and breakable. She'd show him. She was a quick learner. With much enthusiasm, Xi Xiu flung both her arms around his neck, pulled him closer and kissed him soundly back.

"What is the meaning of this?!"

Xi Xiu's eyes were startled opened at her brother's voice but she did not break away from Xiao Gui's embrace. Hastily, she held up an imperious hand behind the Shard's back to stop her brother. If Gege ruined her first kiss, she swore she would absolutely kill him!

Lord Zhang and his Captain stopped dead in their tracks and kept silent as commanded. Both men gaped staring incredulously at the couple. Xiao Gui was oblivious to the interruption. He was lost in another world. When Xi Xiu was done, she disengaged and pushed the reluctant Shard gently away. He looked dazed. She looked smug and very satisfied with herself.

Their lips brushing against each other outside Lady Shuang's rooms earlier was nice and exciting but it was also just an accident. A very nice accident. But this, now this was a real kiss! It was the perfect first kiss!

"Gege!"

As if released by a spell, Xi Xuan frowned. "Xiu Xiu! Xiao Gui! Explain yourself!" he said in a dangerous voice. Although he wanted them together, this public display was not what he had in mind. Some decorum must be kept even for a scoundrel like Xiao Gui!

"Xiu Xiu! Xiao Gui! Explain yourself!"

Even before he finished speaking, Captain Zhang's sword was unsheathed and at the Shard's exposed throat. No one disrespected any of the Zhang family members like that and lived!

"Lady Zhang, is he hurting you?"

"Of course not! Xiao Gui would never hurt me!" replied Xi Xiu indignantly.

"Xiao Gui?" Captain Zhang was startled as Lady Zhang revealed the intruder's identity. He glanced at his cousin for confirmation. "This?  This is the elusive Ghost who continually defies all my defenses? The Xiao Gui? The Shard?" He looked back skeptically at the bewildered youth. He seemed totally harmless.