Feelings are for the weak - Aiden

Part 2 to if my legs give up!

BANG

BANG

BANG!

it's almost surreal watching the phantoms eat-shit, just like I had.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

It doesn't take long for me to recognize the brunette savior.

"Hey-Hey! Aiden! Are you alright?" Her sickeningly sweet voice makes me want to vomit, because it reminds me that I am in fact still alive.

She rushes out of a nearby clump of overgrown trees, and bushes.

Taylor turns her head towards me, frantically swishing around as if to look for any other potential threats.

"Taylor—"

It doesn't take long before she is next to me, one arm wrapped around my body, the other securing my hand over her shoulder.

"We need to go," I listen, but I don't feel real.

I'm hoisted up to my feet and dragged along rather ruthlessly.

"What happened? Are you hurt?" She repeats the same questions over and over, but I genuinely can't respond verbally. I can't believe that me, Aiden Clark had just accepted I would die.

How quick did it take for me to change my morals?

.

The minute we somehow mange to get inside of the graveyard, I'm swarmed with frantic questions, and chastisement.

But I can't admit anything—genuinely it was all my fault, but seeing how they are all concerned for me makes it so much worse.

Guilt.

That's a word I can land my feelings as, I didn't really expect this big of a reaction.

Ben makes his way over to me, his size slightly making me feel intimidated from how he towering over me. But then I see it. His eyes are glossy and he looks like he might just burst into tears.

He wraps his arms around me, probably in one of the most soul crushing hugs I'll ever receive.

"hey" I manage to wheeze out, stealing short breaths, still trying my best to regain stamina. "Hey Benny" I lean into him more, he rests his cheek on the top of my head, and this is probably one of the only times I don't mind our obvious height difference.

When he pulls away—pro tip.. NEVER be the first to pull away from Ben Clark's hugs..— I can tell he needed that.

"Aiden!! oh my god what were you thinking." Ashlyn's voice shrilled, sounding tired yet concerned.

She crosses her arms and gives me a dissatisfied look, "if you don't know where you are why did you keep running?" She walks towards me, standing only a couple feet away from me and Ben.