Comfort-!platonic! Aiden + Taylor

+Hurt/Comfort

Aiden was tired.

No. He was exhausted.

It felt as if he wanted to give up on himself right then and there.

It had been a rough night in the phantom dimension.

Aiden's P.O.V

Tyler is screaming at me. How was I supposed to know a phantom was climbing up behind me? My job was to make sure the lights were working. I didn't mean to cause a scene.

I know I'm bleeding. It's obvious, but that's all Logan can say to me, " you're bleeding. Aiden, you're bleeding.. you're bleeding oh my god.." he kept muttering the same things over and over. It was really starting to get me mad.

As I was checking the lights, a phantom manage to grab me and rip up my back. It hurt like hell. I guess it didn't help the shout that escaped me. It was way too loud, it probably could have gotten the attention of other phantoms and hurt Ashlyn, Ashlyn.

I hope she's alright, she was aggressively clawing at her ears and slipped on her headphones rather quickly, but I feel as my back is on fire. So obviously it's hard to pay attention to her. I can't focus onanything. The feeling of Ben rapidly bandaging me, Taylor pacing back and fourth, Tyler yelling at the top of his lungs, Logan's muttering, Ashlyn with her noise canceling headphones in one of the bus seats. It was way to much.

" I mean honestly! How reckless can you be!? You could have gotten more phantoms attention. God. I cant with you!" Why was Tyler just standing there yelling, doesn't he have anything better to do? I mean it's been like— what? Close to 30 minutes of him just sitting there yelling. " I was just surprised. " my eyes avert to the ground as if it could tear me away to the chastisement.

"THATS NOT AN EXCUSE!" He shouts, "Ty, that enou—" "Taylor. Stay out of this." He flicks his neck over to face her.

I felt my blood boil, why is he being rude to Taylor? She didn't do anything. And why is he screaming as if he doesn't know it can hurt Ashlyn?

" can you EVER give any of us a break Tyler? " I don't think about my words before speaking, I just let them spill out, he glances angrily at me. " ever since I meant you. You've only every been disappointed- or scared— or, or only ever wanting things to go your way." The air sat still and the bus filled with silence. "I am just SICK and tired of you constantly coming for me. I'm trying to help us out in this HELL. WE ARE TRAPPED IN. IM trying to be funny. IM trying to make sure we all don't go spiraling into depression. And what are you doing?" I take in a sharp breath "I—" " oh wait that's right! Your only ever caring about yourself and what you think is right." I cut him off almost immediately.

I stand up, I don't care if Ben isn't finished bandaging me. It wasn't like he kept going after my outburst.

I stormed out of the bus, making my way quickly through the graveyard stopping at the large wall and climbed to the top of it. Of course it was more difficult with my back, but I managed. I always went here when we had spare time. It wasn't comforting, but it was the closest to peace I could get here.

Taylor's P.O.V

I am beyond shocked.

I don't think anybody would expect Aiden to say something so--so aggressive. Are crazy, lunatic Aiden. I knew Tyler went to far a while ago, but he wouldn't let me interrupt him.

The bus stood silent after Aiden ran out. Until a groan left Tyler's mouth, " he is so unbelievable." He shoved his body down into a bus seat.

Eyeing around the bus I can see nobody knows what to think. Ben has his head dropped down, Logan is comforting him, and Ashlyn is looking out the window, I follow her glance to see Aiden atop of are wall.

Slowly, I peak from above the bus seat, noticing that she had her hand covering the plastic of her headphone, I made sure to speak quietly.

" ash? What's up?" she took a second but eventually we made eye contact."oh. Uhm.. I never saw Aiden that mad before."she speaks softly leaning into the side of the window more. "Can you maybe go check on him for me?—" "im worried."

I let out a soft laugh, it was obvious she had feelings for him, I think that's pretty sweet of her. "Sure" I smile down at her before glancing at him through the window one more time.

I've seen him up there before, but nobody ever accompanied him. I felt guilty, not just because of my brother, but because I realized he was always alone doing something like that. Nobody deserves to be alone, at least that's what I think.

" I'm going out there," I speak slowly as if whatever I might say would break the thin atmosphere surrounding us. " your seriously gonna check up on him?" Tyler slightly grabs my hand when I'm passing his seat. " yeah, I think he needs someone to listen to him."

I take my hand out if his grasp, and make my way out of the bus. The walk threw the graveyard was quick and brisk, so by the time I make it to the wall I don't think he notices I'm here. The group and I have been on the wall before so it wasn't that hard to get up, in no time I was sat next to the bleached blonde.

"Hey,Aiden." I shuffle my way closer to him. I notice how it's kinda scary to be up here, but knowing Aiden he loves the thrill of things. So I guess it suits him. "Hey Taylor" he looks upset, growing up I've always been really good with social cues. But right now, I'm completely at a loss for words.

" you alright? "

That was so stupid! Of course he's not alright. The bandages in his back are literally sopping with blood. He looked like he was on the brink of tears

"Well..." he pauses " how 'alright' do I look?" He slowly turns his head towards me, I immediately notice his classic grin is missing.he looked odd without it.

" not very alright. " I say looking down to my dangling legs. 'Mhm' Aiden nods his head also looking down. " do you find it nice up here..?" I side eye him, it certainly wasn't very pretty. The phantoms stay, reaching, waiting, for us to drop down by the lights.

"No. But there isn't a particularly calming sight here." He sighs wiping his eyes with the sleeve of his bodysuit. "Yeah. I Guess your right."

It had been silent for a little bit, but not an awkward silence, yet not a comforting one? It was confusing.

"you know.." I start, taking a long breath,"if you wanted.. you can talk to me about stuff. I know that everybody is going through a lot. And I think especially in these past months we need somebody to talk to more than anybody. I think the others really appreciate you, I know I do. So— thank you for being there for us. All of us."

I take a longer breath, the silence after was deafening but I can tell Aiden was considering what I said.

Than a sniff,

than a chocked breath.

I turn my head, to see Aiden. The same, crazy, confusing Aiden. Crying.

" that—" he sniffs " that means a lot to me, Taylor." A small smile spreads across his face, a genuine smile.

"Yeah, of course." I feel myself slowly start to smile.

the atmosphere slightly changed, until I realize that are time is up. And we are being taken back to are world.