Dance with me? -Aiden/Ashlyn

After hours and hours of practicing her ballet routine, there was only a single part Ashlyn was missing out.

Her routine had multiple solo acts and a duet, yet her partner and her were not very close.And she wasn't planning on trying to be.

So..instead of mustering up the courage to invite a total stranger to her home. She decided to do the next best thing.

Ask one of her closest friends.

Ashlyn's P.O.V

God this was so dumb— and embarrassing! I tried asking Taylor but she was out with her mom. So my next best bet was..him.

The stupid , psycho , maniac, who had absolutely gotten MY attention.

Why did I even like him? Never mind! Right now there's two things I need to focus on.

Ballet, and getting him to agree.

Aiden -3:57pm

Ash: Aiden

Aiden: yes???

Ash: how did you respond that quickly I literally just sent the message

Aiden: doesn't matter 🤫

Aiden: whsts up

Aiden:whats*^

Ash: i need a ballet partner do you wanna help me with my routine?? It would only take up like 30 minutes

I stare at the screen waiting.

And then two minutes pass by.

No way. This little shit just left me on read.

Almost immediately I decide that I can probably just do it by myself if I can balance just right, until three solid knocks come from my window.

The three solid knocks Aiden normally used whenever he snuck over to my house, if there was three solid knocks than that meant he was here...

Why didn't he just text me he was coming?? Jeez. He is so complicated, although I'm pleased I don't have to work on this by myself.

My thumbs click open the window lock, and a bleached blonde jumps through, once he is fully standing in my room, I flip around and secure my window once more. Turning around to face him, to my surprise he isn't staring at me like a creep but instead the small setup I put together for my practice. It wasn't much, just a glossy piece of wood about the size of my closet maybe?

"Why is that there?" He points out glancing over at me for a split second. " ' that' is what we are going to be practicing on.", i guess I didn't think this far ahead because I forgot that Aiden isn't in fact my real ballet partner and I do in fact have to teach him the steps.

"Wow. Your a natural." I give him my best sarcastic tone, once he slipped on the wooden floor boards for the— I don't know?—3rd time?

"I'm trying my best" he smiles up at me, it was more of an embarrassed look rather than a crazy one— I kinda felt bad.

" it's okay you don't really need to be doing all that just get up and I'll show you,"

After about 5 minutes I finally was able to get him into the standard position, one hand on my waist the other tightly gripping my hand—he was holding on to me for dear life.. he wasn't even going to be moving around that much.

" ready?" We make eye contact, but he doesn't answer. He looks deathly pink and the tops of his ears are bright red. " Aiden." " hm...?" "Are. You. Ready?" I break down my words letting him process what I said, " oh.. uhhh" he looks down at both of us, making sure he wasn't in a position where he would get hit. " yea-yeah I think " with the nodding of his head I press play on the music.

Aiden's P.O.V

I think I did a pretty good job. I didn't mess up a single step!! It was weird being this close up to Ashlyn, it's not like I haven't before but the way she acted as if it was natural.. I don't really know how to feel about that.

Am I bushing? I feel like I am.. I'm not staring am I?? Bunches of thoughts enter my head, but immediately leave when I look down to see the absolute stunning girl I have with me.

She looks so confident, like she's done this a million time, —she has.—

I think I've never seen her this unworried in a while, she looks so happy.

When the music stopped so did she. It was like clockwork!! Taking a exasperated breath, Ashlyn looked up at me with a small smile, I realized she had some blush spread across her face— most likely not as prominent as mine though.

" you did pretty good, no mess ups on your end." She gave me a reassuring nod as I released my grip on her

"I don't think I've seen you look that content." Speaking my mind was always something I've done, but for some reason I feel myself choosing my words more carefully around Ashlyn.

" yeah— well ballet is, my thing so.." she lowers herself onto her bed, and gives me a untroubled smile. " yeah—sure but I think I did way better" I pull out my classic grin.

SHE KICKED ME IN MY SHIN. I TALK BACK TO ASHLYN AND GOT KICKED IN THE SHIN.

" now go home, Ben is probably freaking out—" she rushes me to the window, " oh- I totally forgot to tell him I left" I stare guiltily at Ashlyn and climb through the window. I whip my head around right before she can close the glass fully.

" ash" "mhm?" " I think you look really pretty doing ballet" I give her a small smile—hopefully it looks genuine because it feels like it, than finally starting my way back home.

I'm happy I got a last glimpse of her, because I don't think she was expecting it. Ashlyn was blushing.. blushing because of me, I feel a stupid amount of pride that I probably shouldn't be feeling. But i don't really care.

I made Ashlyn Banner— the girl who 'hated' me, blush. That's all that matters.