My boy - Aiden/Ashlyn

Being noticed, or appreciated for doing something you love is always one of the most amazing feelings.

Now, imagine being praised by somebody who gives you butterflies every time you speak to them.

Ashlyn's P.O.V's

I've never been big on anything romantic.

The thought of it used to make me physically recoil in disgust.

But now that I have a special someone, now I have somebody to deliver those sweet gestures,

I can't help but feel like my original thoughts have changed.

Because right now, in the middle of my ballet recital. To say I was surprised to see Aiden in the crowd, with a winning smile plastered on his face, would be an understatement.

I was so startled by his sudden appearance, I almost forgot my routine—might I mention MID RECITAL— but the sound of the dazzling music filled the auditorium, pulling me back to my senses to continue.

.

Finishing my carefully crafted dance, I let myself enjoy the sentences of smiling strangers complementing me, as i pass through the crowd of unfamiliar faces.

I take note of my parents chatting away with others, I smile slightly to myself, knowing that they probably freaked out.

They were to lost in conversation with people who'd I never met before for me to interrupt, so I turn my focus on finding a crazy looking kid. Who was lost somewhere among the sea of people.

It took a good solid minute, or two. Until my eyes catch hold of a familiar smug face, smiling brightly at me.

It's not long before he rushes up to me, placing his hand on my shoulder,

"Ash!" His smile looks as if he could light up the entire room,

Before I can respond, he holds out a small bouquet of flowers to me.

"For you, because you worked so hard." He stretches out the 'so' slightly for dramatic affect.

I don't take the flowers, I'm just genuinely stuck on the fact he is here, willingly, with flowers..for.me.

I can feel a smile pull at the corners of my lips, almost naturally. Slowly, I bring my hand out to reach for the flowers.

"This is really sweet of you," I know I'm mumbling, but I'm pretty sure he still heard me based on the way his eyes sparkled. Before I can register what I'm doing, I pull my arms out, wrapping around his neck, capturing him in a tight hug.

"Anything for my favorite girl" he laughs a little, placing his arms around my back, squeezing me slightly.

I can practically feel my face get hotter by the second, and as I pull away I can tell he feels the same. Suddenly, I'm reminded of the question I've wanted to ask from the moment I saw him in his seat.

"Wait—why are you here?" Quickly, I add, "not that I don't mind! I was just only expecting my parents to be the only ones coming" I gesture over my shoulder slightly, to the laughing group of parents.

"Well— you mentioned that this was coming up, so I thought why not surprise you?" I grab his hand with my un-occupied one.

"You surprised me, that's for sure." I mutter, lightheartedly shoving him with my shoulder.

"You did really good today ash, personally, I don't think I'd be able to do anything even close to what I just watched you do." he comments, tightening his grip on my hand.

A part of me wants to jump up and down, really how can a singular being be so..so thoughtful?

I turn to him, and with the momentum and the confidence, I stand in my toes to give him a kiss in his cheek.

"You know all the right stuff to flatter me, don't you?" I laugh a little, studying his expression.

A shy smile replaces his satisfied one, he nods slightly, I hear a soft chuckle from him.

I can't help but admire the boy in front of me,

I wasn't expecting anybody to show up, in fact I thought that I would spend at least an hour here waiting for the evening events to pass.

But at least I have him to keep me company ,

At least I have my boy with me.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

RED IS BACK FROM HER BREAK!!

I REPEAT

RED IS BACK FROM HER BREAK.