Chapter 21

(Niall's POV)

Everything was piling up. I felt like I was being drowned. And I hated it. I mean, obviously I would hate it, but still.

Not by Emmaleigh, though. Oh, heavens no! I would have been really happy had she been one of the things that was drowning me. She and I weren't on the same page anymore, an if I could only feel like I was getting too much of Emmie, I would so happy in the future.

But the four things that were drowning me most were: my job, the tabloids, Demi, and Ed. Those were the worst. And affecting me to the end of a line.

Don't get me wrong: I love my job endlessly! I mean, I'm living my dream with my 4 brothers. But it gets tiring, just like every other human being's job does. Even though I would never change my job, it gets in the way of me and Emmaleigh being able to hang out. And I don't like that at all. And even of we were to hang out, I would be too tired keep up a good conversation.

The tabloids.

First of all, Emmaleigh and I. I was totally fine with that. Ecstatic, actually, when the reporters started thinking that something was going to happen between us, because I wanted - want - it to be true. I love having the people talk about me and Emmaleigh because it makes me feel like we are that much closer to being a real legit couple.

But then there was tabloids about Emmaleigh and Ed. And I was stupid, getting jealous over them, I know. But the tabloids make it seem bigger than I know it is.

Then there's Demi... Oh my gosh, Demi! The tabloids about her and Emm. I knew all were lies. Emmie is not capable of hurting a fly, let alone being excessively rude to Demi. So I knew I shouldn't have blown up at Emmaleigh because I knew deep inside that it wasn't true.

My next problem was Demi. Including her constant flirting with me. Her in general! She didn't get a hint. She doesn't want one to be honest. I wish she would just disappear.

Lastly, Ed... Ed knows how I feel about Emmaleigh, and he still won't back off. It's as if he knows how I'm not ok with him going after her, and that just fuels him even more.. And I've talked to him about too, but he never lets up. Frustration, frustration, frustration.

Anyways...

Liam and Zayn were looking at me with wide eyes. I just got off of the phone with Emmaleigh, and I knew I was in for it.

"What the heck man!" Zayn yelled at me, like an older brother scolding the younger. "Why in the world would you yell at your girl?" I ran my hands through my hair roughly. I couldn't answer because I didn't know it. And the guys knew that just as well as I did, if not more.

"I don't know! Everything was all getting to my head, and the drama was frustrating me!" I replied. I couldn't help it though! My mind was saying, 'shut up, you fool! You're ruining everything,' but my lips kept on moving.

"Mate!" Liam exclaims, "I know you were getting frustrated because of the hate that she's gotten, and everything with Demi and Ed, but yelling at Emmaleigh was the worst possible thing you could've done." He looks at the phone in his hand. "Now I'm going to get a call from a very angry best-" Liam's phone starts to buzz. "Speak of the angel," he said walking into the other room. I smile at the way Liam and Endya make it obvious that they like each other. They don't even try; it's like it's as natural as breathing to them. It's easy for them, and I'm sometimes jealous of that.

"Dude," Zayn says seriously, "you're going to need to fix this." He has sympathy in his voice, and it shows through his eyes.

"She practically told me that I didn't trust her," I said, sitting down and putting my face in my hands. I'm an idiot, and everyone around me knew. I can't say that I wasn't expecting it, though.

"Well, who wouldn't if they were in the same predicament?" Zayn asks. As much as I hate to admit it, he's being a great friend. I have to live with the consequences of my actions. "I'm sorry, mate, but you stuffed up."

Liam comes back in the room two minutes later. He's holding his phone arms length away in front of him, looking at it as if it were a bomb.

"She wants to talk to you," Liam says to me in a quiet, slow voice. At that moment, I wished it was a bomb, because what was on the other line was way WAY worse.

"H-Hello?" I stuttered, scared a little at what was to come. I didn't know if I wanted mad scary or calm scary, because both would be bad.

"I. Hope. You're. Happy," Tamsin growled every word out. "She's gone!" My eyes widened, suddenly forgetting about my fear.

"Wait, what? What do you mean she's gone?" Where could she have gone? Would she get hurt? What if someone kidnapped her?!

"I mean she's gone, Niall! Poof, adios, see ya later!" Tamsin yelled. "I heard everything, on her side anyway. What in the world is the matter with you?!"

"I don't know, Tamsin. I'm sorry, I was just frustrated. Do you know where she is?"

"I'm not the one you should be apologizing to, Niall," Tamsin says, her voice softening. Thank goodness too. I was about to break down. "Think about Emmaleigh, though. She thinks that you're distancing yourself, Demi is a two-faced, backstabbing butt, and she has all of these haters on her back."

I sighed feeling like a complete jerk. "Well, you don't know where she went?" I took her silence as a no. "Well, I guess it's time to go on a scavenger hunt."