Chapter 5

(Emmaleigh's POV)

@sheppard_Em he likes her. And so does Harry, but he's mad because Harry flirts with every girl he sees

I couldn't believe what I was reading! Today was Tuesday, and I just found out that Liam had a thing for Tamsin, but so does Harry. But I don't think that Harry is good enough for Tamsin. But oh well.

Thanks to Tamsin, we have started to talk to One Direction! Mostly on twitter, but all of us exchanged numbers. Tamsin talks to Liam and Harry, seeing as she loves them, but talks to Louis about everything! Their practically best friends. I'm closer to Zayn as a best friend. I always get excited to check my twitter. Zayn seems to think that Niall has a thing for me. I always tell him it's crazy. But my favorite tweet from him was:

@sheppard_Em Niall talks about you all the time! It's getting quite annoying to be honest.

"So I have the best news for you, my best friend in the whole world!" Tamsin comes, bursting in my room. I looked around my room with wide eyes, wondering how she actually got here without me knowing.

"How did you get here?!" I asked. She looks at me as if I've just gone mental.

"I drove here. Duh!" She shakes her head. "I am 18, so..." She lets the sentence drift, so that I can finish it on my own. "Anyway, I was talking to Liam -"

"Oh! So you were talking to LIAM??" I say, teasing her. She turns so red. And she would always say "no I'm not. It's not possible, because I don't blush" but be both know who was right every time.

"It's no big deal," she says quickly. "Anyway, like I was saying before I was so rudely interrupted," she jokes, "we are going to be hanging out with One Direction! And you will get to know Niall even more than the things you have learned on twitter." She sarcastically mocks the fact that I have learned mostly everything about him from twitter. "Yeah but you can't get out of it you know!" She yells, leaving my room.

"So you're not staying? You could have texted me that!" I laugh at her silly antics. She just shrugs her shoulders and says, "what fun would that be?"

After she left, I squeal a little bit, which is strange. I'm too excited about actually meeting Niall. I'm too quiet, though, so it takes me a while to let people in. What if that's a turn off for him? As soon as I think it, I feel my butt start to vibrate.

"Don't doubt yourself, girlie," Tamsin sent me in a text. "He'll love you no matter what!" I smile, knowing that only she would know what I was thinking. I text her back.

"Besties...." I say.

"Directioners..." She sends.

"FOR THE WIN!!!" We send to each other at the same time.

"This is so dumb!" I exclaim, changing into a polo at 6am Wednesday morning. Tamsin nods her head. We actually have to make up a holiday. A HOLIDAY! Why, you may be wondering, because our school is STUPID!!

I'm at Tamsin's house getting ready for the make-up day. She has her One Direction shirt on with ripped red jeans. I look at her outfit and shake my head.

"What? It's only a make-up day. They can kick me out, because my mom doesn't care anymore." She shrugs while putting on a jacket and putting her hair in a high pony. I'm in the dress code: a polo shirt and khakis.

Tamsin was always the rebel, always chill about everything she chose to do. Most of her frequently used sayings were, "come at me bro," "you mad bro?" and "what ya gonna do bro?"

I, on the other hand, always obey the rules. I didn't want to cause problems for anyone. And if I did, I would cause attention to myself. No one notices me, I never talk to new people, and I'm never the center of attention. I want to keep it that way.

We walk out the front door and get blinded by hundreds of flashing lights. I feel myself being pulled from behind. Tamsin slams the door shut while I'm speechless. So, like every other time, she speaks my mind.

"What the CRAP?!" She paces sound the dining room for a few minutes.

"Why are they here Tamsin? How did they know where you lived?" I started to freak out a little bit. "You know I don't like attention." Tamsin nods her head. "What if we're late for school? Then everyone will be staring." I started to breath calmly. I hate attention so very much. Tamsin looks at me then sighs.

"Stay here," she commands, and I gladly do what I'm told. She opens the door, goes outside, and closes it behind her.

At first, I couldn't hear what she was saying for the first 3 or 4 minutes, but I could tell she was losing her patience. And then suddenly I hear her screaming.

"IF YOU DON'T GET OFF MY PORCH! You don't know what stuff will happen, and that's before I would call the cops!!" I start laughing a little. Leave it to Tamsin to sound crazy, cool, and confident at the same time.

"I swear, if we're late for school one more time, I will hunt each and every one of you down. And I counted! So move," she finished, coming back inside. She pulled the hem of her shirt a little and soothed it out calmly. "Let's go."

All the girls decided to come to my house. We were watching TV, when Tamsin's face popped up on the screen.

"Tamsin!" Tyler screeched. "You're on TV, screaming at some reporters. Didn't you have that shirt on yesterday??" We all laugh. There's only one question we hear.

"Does my hair look good?" Tamsin yells from the bathroom.

"How can you still be able to yell after -" we hear the sink water running, but I was cut off by Mia.

"Listen! Listen!" Mia said, flapping her hands at me like a bird. One of the reporters held a microphone to Tamsin's mouth.

"We were going through twitter," the reporter starts, "and want to know if it's true. Does Niall have a thing for a certain Emmaleigh Sheppard? Does Harry AND Liam have an interest in you, Tamsin?" Tamsin looks at them like their crazy.

"You creepers," she answers calmly. "How do you even know that? Those were private tweets!"

"But -" the reporter was cut off by Tamsin's screaming. And let me tell you. Hearing Tamsin, on television, screaming at reporters for me was hilarious! But they know my name... I'm known as the possible crush of Niall Horan.

Crap! I hate this.

"I'm so sorry," Tamsin says with 4 ice cream tubs, 3 spoons, and a fork. She passes the tubs and spoons, but keeps the fork. I sigh.

"It was bound -" I am cut mid-sentence by my phone. I see that it's a tweet from Niall:

@sheppard_Em I'm so sorry! I never wanted this to happen to you! :(

It's ok :), I text him. It's not like its actually your fault. It was bound to happen sometime.

I look up and see Tamsin, Mia, and Tyler looking at me smiling.

"You and Niall are so smitten with each other it's not even funny. It's all over your face!" Tyler points this out, and then a chorus of 'oooo!'s and '2 little birdies are in love!" Break out. I blush as Tamsin starts to play 'Can't Help Falling In Love.'

"You can't talk, Tamsin!" Mia says. "What about Liam? Hmmm?" Tamsin opens and closes her mouth like a gapping fish.

"Yeah," I agree Mia, "what did Liam send you, Tamsin?" She blushes before becoming her normal self: sassy, composed, and confident. She puts her hands on her hips, and puts most of her weight on one leg.

"This most certainly is not about me!" Tamsin looks at me and grins. "I told you that Niall would love you! And now everyone knows it." She pauses an thinks about what she just said. "Wait a minute!" I just put my head in my hands. The attention will be coming.

Tamsin opens my closet.

"What're you doing?" Tyler asks as she starts to take clothes out.

"Well I have a job, one bigger that anyone in the world. Even ADULTS," she tells us, putting emphasis on the adult part. I ask her "and what's that?"

Tamsin turns her head back to us and smirks.

"Well, I've got to get ALL OF YOU ready for our day with One Direction, of course!"