Chapter 1

A/N: So I have dedicated this chapter to dreamingofperfect, because she made this cover... AND ITS AMAZING!!!! If anyone needs a cover for their story, go check her out. She's awesome at the covers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1 (Emmaleigh's POV)

"So, what happened?" I was asked. Tamsin was sitting on my bed, on my computer. Who knows what she's actually doing. She decided that she was going to sleepover, just 30 minutes ago, so that is what happened. She already had her monkey and cow pajamas on.

"Nothing, like usual." I lie on my bed and look up at my bare ceiling. "I just don't get it. I try so hard to get them to notice me and it never works. Even when I'm sad, I can't even look at their faces. I have to go to my closet," I say, looking at her. She has this look that says "I totally understand." Tamsin looks back at the computer and pops one of the M&MS in her mouth.

I look around my room and see only bare walls. I have green walls, and light blue drapes, so that when the sun comes, it looks neon in the morning. I have my stuffed animals thrown everywhere and in my polka dot lounge chair. I wish that I could have posters on my walls, though, but I have to be happy with only having them in my closet. That's the one thing that I hated. I couldn't look at Niall, and the other boys, when I was sad to make me happy. Who wants to go to their closet every time their sad?!

"Dude!" she exclaims.

"What?!" I sit up quickly. "Is it something like a 1D contest that you won?" I ask, getting excited. She shakes her head.

"No, my M&Ms are melting on the inside because of your computer!" I just shake my head at her. "I'm sorry," she says.

"It's not like it's a big deal. I just want to meet them." I get up, and get nail polish remover from the bathroom.

"Ha!" she laughs, getting the green and purple nail polish. "You and I both know that you only want to meet Niall, your one true love!" she jokes. Her face goes serious though. "Don't give up. I know it will happen," she says smiling like the best friend she is. I smile back. We start to take our nail polish off.

"I guess I have to believe you," I state sighing. "I can't not when you have that tone of 'I can do anything in the world.' Plus, whenever you say something, it always seems to go the way that you planned."

"That's only because I believe that things will go smoothly. And even if they don't, freaking out won't make ANYTHING better. You just have to believe that, you know that, Emmaleigh Grace Sheppard!" I laugh at her usage of my middle name. Tamsin Potter was one of my best friends, and she always knew how to cheer me up. That always included her packing up a bag and driving herself to my house, texting her mom AFTER coming into my room.

Wait, I didn't even tell you anything about anyone! I'm Emmaleigh Sheppard, 17, totally awesome and crazy person, only when you get to know me. I have 4 very, very close friends, who know me inside and out. I'm not talkative when you first get to know me, but once you get to know the real me, there's no going back!

This is the story of my... Some would say obsession, I say intense liking for someone very attractive. Anyway, this is my story of how I met Niall Horan and One Direction, and, with the help of my friends, opened up to someone I had looked up for so long. Niall Horan, how I caught his attention, I have no idea. I guess you could say that I was the shy one he found interesting.