Chapter 12

(Emmaleigh's POV)

"And then he thought that I should invite him over!" The girls burst out laughing.

We are at school Monday morning in bio, and I was telling them of my family's talk Saturday night.

We were about 10 minutes early. All of our parents couldn't drive us, from a car breaking down to the 'rents partying the night before. Tamsin insisted on driving us, seeing as she could.

"What?!" Tyler exclaims, while Mia is literally slapping the table with her hands, laughing so hard she looks like a tomato. Just as Tamsin was about to say something, some people walked into the room.

"Well, well, well," Jack started. Tamsin rolled her eyes, knowing what was coming. "Hello Tyler, Mia, Emmaleigh, Tea-Tea." Ever since 10th grade, he called Tamsin 'Tea-Tea', because he stuttered on the 'T' of her name, saying ''Tea-Tea'', while passing papers. All of us are used to it by now, seeing as we're all seniors. Well, Mia, Jon Jon, and Tyson are in 11th.

After we all acknowledged them, calling Jon Jon 'Jonathan' in the process, they got right to the point.

"Wow," Jon Jon started sarcastically, "I find it so funny how 4 of the most ordinary, plain, non-attention grabbing girls in our school can meet the biggest boy band in the world." I hear all the boys sigh in agreement. We all turn towards them sharply.

"But obviously, Jon Jon," Tyson intercedes. "They were all cuddled up with each one."

"You better watch your words, boys," Mia says, a warning that's really, really subtle. I understand too. Me, Tyler, and Tamsin are seniors; we've been going to Veritas way longer than them; we can easily ruin their last year once we're gone.

Now you know me; I wouldn't say that ever. Tyler... If she was pushed. But Tamsin, she sticks up for us, like a big sister that's out of college, has her own family, and knows the trials of life.

The boys don't get the warning. Jon Jon continues.

"Yeah, it was obvious in all of those pict-" I didn't even know how I didn't notice Tamsin get up, but there she was, hands on the table of the boys. It was Jack, Jon Jon, then Tyson. She looked straight into Jon Jon's eyes and started to speak.

"Look here, Juniors," she said, referring to their grade, "you have one more year here, it's our last. I don't think you understand that ALL of us have been going here since our 7th grade year or earlier." Jack doesn't gulp, but then again, Tamsin wasn't talking to him. "We know everyone," Jon Jon and Tyson gulped, "so don't try to up us, because you'll just end up disappointed. Got it?" Jon Jon and Tyson nodded their heads vigorously.

Tamsin sits back down. "I'm glad I could help you," she says, smirking. Jack sighs.

"Well you Juniors just got TOLD!" he laughs, and all of the sudden, that glass tension wall was broken with a hammer.

Monday was kind of crazy. Everyone had apparently heard about our day with One Direction. And it had been two weeks since that day! It was really annoying actually.

You see, I don't talk to a lot of people. Actually, I talk to the girls in bio the most. But after our first class, we split. Tamsin and Tyler have the same math class, but Mia's a year younger than us, so we are in different classes.

About 7 people came up to me, and only 2 of them I actually talked to. Keep in mind that this was before our 2nd and last class started.

We have our spot, besides the park down the road, where we meet after classes. Seeing as Tamsin's our ride, it's kind of a necessity today. I'm usually the first one to come out, then Tamsin and Tyler arrive, and lastly comes Mia.

"This was the most annoying day ever! And I have to sit in calculus for 2 hours every week." Tamsin had a look of annoyance on her face.

"I know!" Mia says. "Honestly, I don't mind people asking about the boys, but most of these girls are acting like we're best friends. I didn't even remember seeing 3/4 of them before today!"

I don't even know what to say. I kind of feel overwhelmed, to be honest. And the girls are saying exactly what I'm feeling.

"I mean," Tyler starts, "I don't want to sound like one of THOSE seniors but... Some of those 9th and 10th grade girls are trying to talk to me. Before today, they never bothered looking my way for more than 2 seconds." We all nod our heads.

"Look," Tamsin starts," we have it easy. Think about Emerson." That's all she had to say.

"Ooooh!" we all say at the same time, and she nods her head.

"How about I take you guy home?" Tamsin suggests. We all nod our heads, and start walking to her car. "I was thinking," she tells us, "me and Emerson have a dance this Friday. If you guys want, I could pick you guys, and we could dance. And then, I could take you guys and Emerson to my house, you would sleep over, and we can talk about everyone's day with the boys."

We all think about it.

"I don't think I have anything on Saturday," Tyler says. We all agree with her.

"Friday it is!" I say, smiling.