𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊 - 𝖀𝖓𝖉𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖚𝖓

"Louise, you really don't have to take this task." I scoffed as I looked at Allaina. I continue to walk while she follows my trail.

"I've been handling the regional quiz bee for the past five years for my department. What makes you think that I'm incapable of doing it now?"

"Because you're pregnant?" she sternly pointed out.

"And what does my little cherub have something to do with it?" 

Seriously, why is she making a fuss over this? I'm already busy as a bee than I should have been since one of the students who was supposed to represent the Entre department fell ill.

I had to do a one-on-one session just to fill the new student in and make sure that we'd still take home the bacon. Herrero University has always made it so to be the champion ever since I took over. I cannot have other Professors handle it now just because I'm expecting.

"Don't think for a second that I don't know what happened yesterday. Your bodyguards may not know it but the students talk Louise!" she called out causing me to pause inadvertently. I pursed my lips.

There was a bit of an impasse yesterday and I almost fainted. I was feeling hazy but I know it's only because of the heat so I continued with my day as always. It's almost summer now. I felt agitated from the things that I hadn't taken my grasp on, and more importantly, midterms were fast approaching.

It doesn't help that my morning sickness has not lessened at all. I thought that by entering my second trimester it would have subsided one bit, apparently, it didn't. I easily feel irritated and sometimes the extreme tiredness just gets to me causing for my temper to rise.

I tried to suppress it still but some unfortunate events kept on resurfacing. 

"As you can see, I am perfectly fine Allaina. Worrying for me should be your least priority." I tried to dismiss her but she still followed inside my office.

"You look tired more than ever. Has Laurent hasn't noticed how stressed you looked lately?" My eyes widened, appalled that she even mentioned Kielle. "I should give her a piece of my mind instead of you. You hard-headed bit-"

"You will not do such a thing Allaina!"

"Then quit. Professor Vivienne will take over the study sessions with our representatives." I pursed my lips, trying to fight the sudden sting in my eye. 

How can she easily say that? 

I sat down on the swivel chair but swiftly turned my back on her so she couldn't see me.

I don't even know why I am so affected by this. All I know is that I want to accomplish it once and for all. And after that, I'll focus on my pregnancy and Kielle.

"I don't want you working yourself up. If anything, I want you working less." Her voice softened making my eyes teared up even more. I quietly sniffled before I spoke collectively despite the lump in my throat.

"You cannot be more blunt by asking me to take my leave already." I heard her sigh as well as her heels making their way towards me.

"You know that's not what I meant."

"But that's my legacy, Laine." I surrenderingly reasoned out. Gosh, this is giving me a headache. I held my growing belly and deeply sighed after thinking things through. I wiped my cheeks and turned to face her.

"Perhaps you're right." she nodded in relief and I watched as she folded her arms. "I'll check in with Professor Vivienne later on."

It's still early pa naman. I guess I'll break the news to the students in the later study session.