𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓 - 𝕳𝖊𝖗 𝕮𝖔𝖓𝖋𝖚𝖘𝖎𝖔𝖓

What is she doing here?

If she's here then there's a high chance that the person I'm trying to get off my mind is here.

I did not give out any emotion as I ignored the growing hope that was coursing inside me.

I heard her chuckle which made my brows furrowed.

What is the University President doing here? Does she know Jaimee personally?

"The celebrant is like a distant relative.." Seems like she can read my thoughts as she continues to stare at my face. She walks to my side and I watch as she orders her drink before looking back at me, still wearing a smile.

"Although we're not related. Our family is just pretty tied."

I nodded and sip on my drink.

"Thank you.." I heard her say to the bartender. I'm already looking at the crowd. Unconsciously searching for something familiar to my heart. Or should I say, someone.

"I wanted to thank you again for saving my mom, Doctor."

I returned my gaze to her and studied her face, she looks genuinely grateful which made me let out a small smile.

"It's my job.." she shook her head before looking at her drink.

"We are actually losing hope that time, we've been on the waiting list for too long. We're afraid that my mom will die before she goes into surgery.." she lifted her teary gaze to mine. I may be cold-hearted or don't seem to care at times, but I hate seeing women crying. Before I knew it, I was going soft on them.

I rubbed a hand on her arm gently as I do with my scared patients before we put them into anaesthesia.

"Everything is okay now Miss Herrero.." Bumaba ang tingin nito sa kamay kong magaang nakapatong sa braso nito. She chuckled a bit while wiping her tears.

"Sorry 'bout that." she sniffled and I smiled. Suddenly, I felt that familiar nanunusok na tingin. My heart hammered in my chest, I cleared my throat and slowly retracted my hand from this woman's arm.

"I tend to get emotional when it comes to my mom, my dad won't survive if she's gone." I only nodded in understanding dahil ramdam ko pa rin 'yung nanunusok na tingin. Yet I didn't dare to confirm it so I only dodged it away.

"She's scheduled for a check-up next week. I'll personally see her if that'll make you feel at ease.." I offered since I already endorsed the patient to one of my trusted neurosurgeons.

My offer may have stunned her as she gasped, she cleared her throat and composed herself.

"Thank you so much Doctor, I still can't believe that the Doctor who has a nine-month waiting list is a student of our own.."

I only shrugged as I chugged down my drink.

"Just Laurent is fine Miss Herrero, we're not in the hospital.."

"Well, call me Laine instead of Miss Herrero then."

"I can't do that, you're a Professor, on top of that you're also the University President."

"But we're also not in the University, Doctor Lemieux.." I narrowed my eyes at her. Is she flirting with me? I hope not.

"Still.. No." she fake frowned at me which made me chuckled at her antics. Who would've thought that the strict President is this easy to converse with?

She stomped her feet when I shook my head in finality. She ordered herself another drink before glancing at the crowd, while I was on my phone texting Luriel na mauuna na 'kong umuwi. I wanna keep my stance and stay away from you know who.