69

As we wait anxiously, every second feels like an eternity. My heart pounding min my chest as I watch Nyra-Calliope emerge from the room, her hands shaking, as it's covered in blood. All she's turns to her, desperate for any shred of hope or new of Kel.

Xander rushed forward, followed closely by Remington and I can see the worry etched into their faces. Calliope's nod to Remington to stand down speaks volumes, and I can sense the tension in the air as she prepares to deliver the news.

Her words hit me like a blow to my chest. "Kel...well we did everything that we could to remove the poison," she sighs as she looks down in her blooded hands, "although poison is mostly gone, when Kel wakes up, she might not be the same, she's still not out of the woods yet," my heart sinks at the realization that even if she survives, she may never truly be the same person again.

The thought of losing her or having her changed beyond recognition, is almost too much to bear. I can't shake the feeling of helplessness that washes over me. All we can do is wait, and hope for the best.

As we step into the room, my heart constrict at the sight of Kel lying on the bed, looking so fragile and pale. Her dark skin, usually radiant, is now marred by bruises and her her eyes are shut tight, dark circles etched beneath them. Her hair, usually cascading in curls, is now unkempt and out of its usual braids that she puts them in.

I can't help but feel a pang of sadness at the sight. Walt of her body was wrapped, the other half was either bruised or healing on its own now.

"Why is there a white patch of hair on her? She never had that before," Serana asks as it draws my attention, I turn to Ayla for waiting for an explanation.

"The poison that she was injected with...." Ayla sighs deeply, as she wipes her hands, "It didn't only effect her physical body but also her inner self, technically her heart had stopped and her wolf was keeping her alive til we got in and started working on her." Her words only deepen the sense of unease in my chest as she explains.

I feel as if this is all my fault, I should've told her the truth from the start, kept her safe better, looked after her, protected her with my life but now she's fighting for her life.