22

The moon hung high in the night sky, casting its silver glow upon the world below. I remained seated by the lake, immersed in the solitude that surrounded me. The cool night air gradually turned colder, prompting me to create a small flicker of fire with my elemental power.

The flames danced in the darkness, casting a warm glow that barely illuminated the immediate vicinity. Hugging my legs to my chest, I stared into the fire, lost in the crackling sounds and the rhythmic dance of the flames.

As the night wore on, an invisible shroud of shame and fear enveloped me. Thoughts of Killian echoed in my mind, a silent prayer for his well-being and swift recovery. The urge to check on him in the castle tugged at my consciousness, but Lars' stern words reverberated, reminding me to stay put and contemplate my actions.

The fire whispered tales of vulnerability and redemption, its warmth a fleeting comfort against the cold tendrils of self-loathing. I sat there, gazing into the flames, wrestling with the turmoil within me. The lake mirrored the somber reflection of the night, its still waters reflecting the shadows of my regrets.

Wrapped in the embrace of the night, I found solace in the crackling fire, its gentle warmth a feeble attempt to dispel the icy grip of shame that clung to my core. The hours passed in quiet contemplation, the nocturnal symphony serving as a backdrop to the internal struggle I faced.

As the first light of dawn painted the sky, I extinguished the dwindling flames with a flick of my wrist. The remnants of the fire danced in the air before fading into nothingness. Rising from my seat, I cast one last look at the serene lake, its surface now bathed in the soft hues of morning.

With a heavy heart, I turned away, ready to face the consequences of the night's events. The castle loomed ahead, a silent witness to the tribulations that unfolded in the embrace of Elara's sanctuary. The day awaited, carrying with it the promise of redemption or further descent into the shadows that lingered within.