59

Two weeks later.
As I stand in the corner, overseeing the training session with heavy heart, my thoughts swirl with the weight of recent events. The breakup with Killian weighs heavily on my mind, and try as I might to focus on the task at hand my thoughts keep drifting back to him, his smile, his voice.

I watch the soldiers and rebels spar, their moments fluid and coordinated as if they have been training for more than two weeks. But everything is being me back to Killian, my mind unable to fully engage with the proceedings that is unfolding in front of me.

Suddenly, moment catches my eye, and I see Taryn talking with Ileana. Irritation bubbles up within me at the sight of her, and I can't help but roll my eyes at the thought of their interaction.

Before I know it, Ileana is making her way towards me, "Fuck me," I let out a frustrated sigh, bracing myself for her bullshit. As she approaches, I cross my arms over my chest, a defensive stance born out of annoyance and anger.

Ileana stand before me with a broad smile, her demeanor radiating confidence as she addresses me.
"I saw you being brought back unconscious," she begins, her tone tinged with curiosity. "Are you up for a little fight, Kel'enas?"

I shake my head, crossing my arms over my chest feeling bored. "Not today Ileana. If you want to fight, challenge one of the trainees."

"What? Are you scared because of what happened last time? Scared that I'll break you like last time?" She asks,

A laugh escapes me as I finally replied to her stupid assumption, "Quite the opposite, if I wanted to....I could've killed you with a simple quick snap of my finger,"

Her smile wavers, replaced by a hint of uncertainty. "You're lying,"

"I'm the only person alive that is able to challenge magics that are supposed to be outside of my element, and you think im kidding about killing you? No Ileana, I simply don't want to have to kill anyone else, last week was enough for me."
She simply scoffs and walks away from me.

-----
I sit at the head of the table, surrounded by generals and leaders, as we discuss our strategy for the attack on Drakonia. My mind is focused, determined to ensure our plan is flawless, one way or another Admiral Arnoux will be dead before I return to Thundar.

"It would be best to divide the army into four groups," I propose, scanning the faces around me. "General Serana, Xander, Stark, and Rinwick will lead the divisions."
"What about you?" Taryn whom shouldn't be in here quietly asks as both her brothers try to make her stop interfering with the meeting.

"It's okay," I says as I wave my hand, "I'll be enter from the South Gate, of Drakoina, with them four." I point to the four Wolfkin, "Kel'enas I need to be with you," I smile to Serana, "It will be okay, we all have been training together and South Gate will-should have less soldiers. Fastest way in.... Serana I will be fine. And plus I'm basically a Lieutenant-"

"You never finished your training." She simply adds as she crosses her arms, "You were in the army?" Xander asks, "For a little bit, I joined when I was 15," for some reason talking about the past feeling weird and awkward.

"Isn't that a bit young?" Taryn asks yet again, "Yes Taryn, but I was also the Queen, I made the rules-" "And also broke them," Serana adds with a sigh, "Just please be okay, and if you lots let anything happen to her, I will personally break your fucking bones, hear?" Kieran scoffed as he crosses his arms over his chest and Lars simply laughs,

"Lieutenant, huh?" Lars tenses as I shake my head, "Don't start. Anyways as I was saying, it will be divided into you four taking the two other entities, east and north, Serana you will be with Xander, both of your magics combined should give you the under hand,"

"Plus the east entrance is where most of the elderly people live, easy for you Stark," Remington responds, Serana nods in agreement, while Xander and Stark exchange determined glances. Rinwick simply grunts his approval.

As I continue to outline the plan, Master interjects her express one of concern, "What are me?"
I meet her gaze evenly, "I need you to go back to Thundar," I tell her firmly, "To ensure that everything is running smoothly and that Admiral Arnoux doesn't get desperate and try to attack our people back home."
Master's brow furrows, clearly displeased with my decision, "But-"
"No buts Master, that's how it'll be," I asset cutting her off. "This is the best way to hit Arnoux from all the sides."

I turn to the four Wolfkin, my voice steady. "In seven days, we take the war to your homeland, are you guys ready?"

They all nod in unison, their eyes filled with determination and resolve. "Good."