10

Under the moon's gentle glow, the tribal chambers became a stage for the delicate dance of diplomacy. The veiled envoy from the Wolfkin, his eyes reflecting sincerity, spoke of unity and shared destinies. However, a subtle tension lingered, an echo of my skepticism about the Wolfkin's true intentions for change.

As the night wore on, the envoy unraveled a dire truth — Admiral Arnoux, who ignited the war was wreaking havoc within the other three tribes. Their leaders thirsted for retaliation, not only for the lives lost but also for the enslavement imposed upon them. The gravity of the situation unfolded, casting shadows on the intricacies of tribal dynamics.

"Why now?" I questioned, the weight of eight years of ongoing war pressing on my shoulders.
"Prince Remington, and the others are tired of Admiral Arnoux's ruling, he enslaved so many—men and women alike, the Wolfkins, we don't not wish to continue Arnoux's ways. We want a new regime, one where each tribe can travel worry free of what's to come, were little kids from the Wolfkin tribe, Sythra tribe, Elara tribe, and Thundar tribe can grow up without hating each other. We can set this new generation up for greatness and not failure."

The envoy's response unveiled the name of the villain's nephew, orchestrating a revolution against his uncle's tyranny. An opportunity for a new relationship beckoned, with the possibility of alliances that could reshape our shared destinies.

"....that was quite moving.... but I don't think that my people would want that, considering half my population is still learning to heal, and accept the pain and those whom we have lost. I'm sure the other tribes would want your support and help."

"Your Highness-" I waved my hand up to stop him. "I've heard enough."

the pain of the past resurfaced as the envoy tries speak. Memories of the day the Admiral Arnoux ravaged my tribe, slaughtering my family, haunted me and left me with this scar. Unable to contain my anguish, I lost control, my hand moving in a familiar yet dreaded motion, the glow of power emanating from within.

Leave my people and my land out of your plans," I warned, my voice trembling with the weight of my grief. "Perhaps a meeting with Prince Remington, can help change your mind, we only want a new alliance with you and your people, with the usage of your army we could-" "You speak of unity? Where was your people when my mother wanted them to come together and help stop Admiral Arnoux? Where was the other three tribes when my people were being slaughtered like pigs? Huh? Where was your so called Prince Remington when I lost everything? When my people lost everything?" I yelled.

"Leave and never return, if you do....I'll have no problem delivering your heads to your families." In my fury, I pledged retaliation, vowing to deliver their heads to their families if they dared trespass without permission.

"Is that a threat?" I looked him dead in the eyes and simply replied with,

"It's a simple warning."

As the envoy departed, the tribal chambers fell into an eerie silence. Alone with my thoughts, I walked to my chamber, haunted by the specters of loss and betrayal. The powers that had once defined me now felt like a curse, and the night ended with me gazing down at my hands, sickened and afraid of the very essence that had failed to save my family eight years ago