45

The air was thick with tension as I slipped through the crowded street of f Sythra, my disguise masking my true identity as I made my way to the Revolutionist rally.

My heart raced with anticipation, knowing that I was about to embark on a dangerous mission solely.

As I approached the gathering, my senses heightened alert to any sign of danger. The masked figure at the podium spoke with fervor and conviction, rallying the crowd with tales of resistance and rebellion against the Wolfkin tribe. But amidst the sea of unfamiliar faces, I couldn't shake the feeling unease and like someone is watching me.

Suddenly chaos erupted as the Wolfkin army descended upon the rally, their weapons drawn, some of them were transforming into their wolf spirit while others carried guns with them. Panic swept through the crowd street as people screamed and scattered in all directions despite to escape danger.

Instinct kicked in, and I turned to flee as well, but a flash of movement caught my eyes. Two Wolfkin soldiers had cornered the Revolutionist himself. Their menacing forms closing in on him with predatory intent. Without a second thought, I summed my illusion magic to the fullest, weaving a powerful spell to lull the aggressors into a deep slumber.

But the strain maintaining my disguise and causing illusion proved too much, making me feel a sudden loss of strength, and for a moment, the facade wavered, revealing glimpses of my true self beneath the mask illusion.

With a surge of determination, I pushed through the exhaustion, focusing all my energy on protecting the Revolutionist and myself from the impending threat.

As more Wolfkin closed in on us, the Revolutionist and I stood back to back, our power intertwining with one another, as we unleashed a torrent of magic against the Wolfkin. Together we fought the Wolfkin, each strike fueled by the shared desire for freedom and justice.

"Follow me." The Revolutionist leader urged, his voice urgent yet determined.

Without a second thought, I fell into step beside him. Our footsteps echoing in the darkness as we fled from the chaos behind us.

As we emerged into the safety of a hidden safe house, our breaths came in ragged gasp.

"Since your arrival to my rally, the Wolfkin soldiers have gotten more and more aggressive and attacking my people, over and over again." No no no, this wasn't how it's supposed to be.

"I am not your enemy here, my friends and I-" he raised his hand silencing me. "Save your words traitor....there's no way for you to get out of here.....alive at least."

"I will not fight you, I have no reason to....so stop this," I replied as I knelt before the Revolutionist, my heart racing with fear and desperation.

It's against the teachings of Thundar to fight against the innocent. "Get up!" He yelled, already in his fighting position.

I had come here with hope of seeking his aid, of our two groups joining in forces to face against the Wolfkin, against Admiral Arnoux but now, he stands before me demanding me to fight him.

His eyes full of suspicion and hostility. It finally hit me that my hopes were in vain, he won't hear reason. "I'm not your enemy. I will not fight." My voice strained with efforts as I struggled against the paralyzing gripping my body.

Oh Gods, not this. Anything but this.

"I want to help you, to fight with you against the Wolf-ahh, against Arnoux."