67

As Killian carries me through his tribal land in order to find his people's healer, I begin feeling the cold seeping to I my bones, my body growing numb with exhaustion. I struggle to stay conscious, my eyelids heavy with fatigue.

"I'm cold," I whisper, my voice barely audible above the rush of the wind.

Killian's expression tightens with worry as he looks down at me, his eyes glistening with shed tears. Gently, he pulls me closer to his warmth, his arms offering what little comfort they can in the face of me suffering.

"We're almost there," he murmurs softly, his voice laced with urgency and concern.

I inhale his familiar scent, finding a small measure of solace in the embrace of his arms. But as my consciousness wanes, the world around me blurs into a haze of indistinct shapes and muffled voices. I struggle with maintaining my grasp on reality, my senses slipping away with each passing moment.

As Killian rushed me to his tribal healer, I can still feel myself slipping further into the darkness. I am struggling to stay conscious, my body wracked with pain and exhaustion. With each step, the world around me blurs into a dizzying whirlwind of sensations.

"We need your help Ayla, please" Killian's voice cracked as he pleads with the healer.

Ayla, the Wolfkin healer, agrees to assist with my wounds, and instructs Killian to lay me on one of the beds. With gentle hands, Killian carefully places me down, his touch a fleeting comfort against the agony that is coursing through me.

Ayla introduces herself to Xander and Serana, her presence a calling presence amidst the chaos. "Nyra, I would need another set of hands, please,"

The arrival of Nyra, stuns everyone into silence. Xander and Serana's expression morphs into disbelief as we all three recognize her, its Calliope.

She looks different, older but it's her. Calliope. Our sister.

Remington rushes to Calliope's side, his relief palpable as he embraces her, "Thank the Moon Goddess you're alright sweetheart," sweetheart? What the fuck was going on? How?

I watch in disbelief as they share a tender moment as he pulls her in and kisses her, for a moment I think that she'll push him away but instead she embraces it.

This was all happening too fast, I couldn't properly understand what was going on, before I am able to process it all, my vision fades to back, and I succumb to my unconsciousness once again.