A9 C271: Blooming Jasmine

When Xiao Jin'ang arrived at the company in the morning, he saw a pile of manuscripts at the entrance. Lin, the editor-in-chief, was wearing glasses, checking the addresses one by one with the courier, preparing to return these items to their original places.

Editor Lin, with his failing eyesight and the numerous manuscripts, inevitably made mistakes. Just as he had handed over a file, he realized his error and immediately pulled it back, saying, "Oh no, this manuscript's address is wrong, I confused it with the one before."

The courier was already fed up with him, squatting on the ground using his hat to fan himself, saying, "Sir, could you please check the addresses properly? You've made mistakes with three of them already. I have to collect items from other places later, and if I'm late, I'll be fined."

Editor Lin, being a proud person, felt embarrassed and responded with a stern face, "Why are you in such a hurry? Can't you see I'm checking? Why are you so impatient at such a young age?"

The courier was frustrated, pulling his hair, "By the time you finish checking, it'll be dark!"

Just as Editor Lin was about to say something, he noticed Xiao Jin'ang peeping in from outside. Immediately, he glared and said, "Xiao Jin'ang? What are you doing here?!"

He held a grudge, still remembering that Xiao Jin'ang didn't come to work and ignored his calls yesterday.

However, Xiao Jin'ang didn’t hold grudges. Hearing this, he showed his furry head from outside, his eyes shining brightly, "Boss, I came to see if you need any help."

Editor Lin didn't give him a good face, "No need, just find a cool place and stay there!"

Without Xiao Jin'ang causing trouble, could he not handle things himself? Editor Lin felt irritated just looking at him, his anger rising.

The courier, sensing the tension, tried to mediate, "Sir, since you have an employee, why not let him help? Why tire yourself out?"

Editor Lin glared at him, "You mind your own business."

With a snort, Editor Lin turned and walked straight back to his private office, slamming the door shut.

The courier thought to himself that this old man must be going through a midlife crisis, why was he so difficult to deal with? He turned to Xiao Jin'ang, "Since your boss isn’t doing it, you do it. Hurry up, I have things to do this afternoon."

Xiao Jin'ang finally reacted and immediately began checking the manuscripts. He was obviously faster than Editor Lin, but due to the large amount of work, it was already around 2 pm when they almost finished.

The courier, carrying a large box of files, finally left the hectic place. Seeing that there was nothing more to help with, Xiao Jin'ang was about to leave. Just as he opened the door, he heard a heavy cough behind him, startling him to retract his hand.

Editor Lin had opened the door at some point and was glaring at Xiao Jin'ang, "There are still a few hours before the end of work, where do you think you're going?"

Xiao Jin'ang's eyes lit up, "Boss, can I continue working? Didn’t you fire me?"

Editor Lin thought to himself, wondering why he had hired such an idiot in the first place, "Let me tell you, this won't happen again. Next time you skip work without reason, I'll deduct half a month's salary."

With that, he picked up his jacket from the chair and prepared to go out for lunch. Before leaving, he added, "I have something to do, stay here and lock up when it's time to leave.”

Xiao Jin'ang's work efficiency was too high, and he had almost finished today's work by the time Editor Lin left. As a result, he could only sit in front of the computer and daydream for the remaining hours. Just as he was considering whether to clean up and find something to do, he heard a notification sound from the group chat assistant.