A8 C239: A Breakdown?

Sang Feiwan has lived for more than half of his life, always being the one to threaten others. Never has anyone threatened him until Fu Yuhao came along. If the other party exposes his undercover identity, Baili Duyue would go crazy with anger, and it's possible he might even kill him.

At this point, Sang Feiwan is somewhat unclear whether he fears Baili Duyue's madness after knowing the truth, or fears retaliation from the other party after he goes mad.

In any case, he has reservations in his heart...

When Fu Yuhao spoke, his gaze was always fixed on Sang Feiwan. Although there was a smile at the corner of his lips, the smile did not reach his eyes—

He must be thinking, how come the devoted dog who used to love him so much in the past is suddenly disobedient?

Sang Feiwan didn't say anything, thinking that Fu Yuhao is indeed a bigger problem than Duan Yang. But due to the situation, he had to reluctantly change his words: "Staying overnight... is also acceptable."

He hopes Baili Duyue wouldn't agree, after all, he hates Zhongzhou more than he does.

However, Baili Duyue unexpectedly agreed, "Since you are unwilling to travel, let's stay overnight and leave tomorrow."

Sang Feiwan: "??!!!"

Sang Feiwan nearly spat out a mouthful of blood. Why is Baili Duyue so agreeable now? Doesn't he notice that he has no intention of staying or being here?!

On the contrary, Fu Yuhao seemed quite pleased, smiling and nodding, "It's rare for the City Lord Baili to grace us. I will make sure to take good care of you."

After speaking, he turned to the crowd and said seriously, "Master You Yunxian died for no reason, and his inner core is missing. Anyone here with the cultivation of Tian Yan has a suspicion. I know this is an unpleasant request, but lives are at stake. Please allow the palace maids to search you and find the inner pill, and also verify your cultivation."

Hua Qinyi frowned at the words, "City Lord, are you suspecting us? What if the murderer is not among the guests but a hidden expert who has never appeared in here?"

Fu Yuhao's smile remained unchanged, "Wouldn't that be better? It would show that everyone here is innocent and has nothing to do with the murder. However, before that, everyone must prove their innocence. I am no exception."

As he spoke, he instructed the guards to investigate who had entered and left the guest hall today and called a few palace maids to search and verify. Setting an example, he shook his sleeves to prove his innocence.

After the palace maids searched Fu Yuhao thoroughly and used the spirit-checking bead on him, a blue light flashed around the bead. They respectfully nodded and said, "The City Lord's cultivation is at the first level of the He Dao realm, and there is no inner pill on him."

His cultivation was far from that of Master You Yunxian, so he couldn't possibly be the murderer.

Seeing Fu Yuhao voluntarily undergoing the search, the other guests had no reason to object and had to agree.

Sang Feiwan pulled Baili Duyue's sleeve in secret, clearly conveying a message: What to do?

Although cultivators have a mustard seed bag to hold everything, it can only contain some low-level spirit objects. The inner pill of a Tian Yan realm expert contains such abundant spiritual power that the bag would likely explode instantly.

Storing the inner pill in a storage spiritual device doesn't seem feasible.

Baili Duyue gestured not to worry, indicating he had a way.