A8 C233: Who Burned My Painting

Sang Feiwan, with weak influence in Azure Capital Royal City and surrounded by servants who often showed disrespect, faced challenging days without protection.

Before Baili Duyue went into seclusion, he was concerned about Sang Feiwan being bullied, instructing the steward to treat him well. However, within a short period, just as he emerged from seclusion, he witnessed Sang Feiwan's pitiful appearance.

Had he been bullied?

With this thought, Baili Duyue's heart skipped a beat. Frowning, he descended the steps, heading straight towards Sang Feiwan, and asked in a heavy tone, "What happened?"

Sang Feiwan, upon hearing this, instinctively glanced at the kneeling Tian Gang on the ground, then quickly averted his gaze, putting on a forced smile as he lowered his head. "Nothing, I just saw the lord coming out of seclusion and felt... a bit too happy."

After a series of rubs, his eyes were red. If he claimed he wasn't bullied, no one would likely believe it.

Seeing this, Baili Duyue's brows furrowed slightly for a moment. "Is it really nothing?"

Sang Feiwan sneakily glanced at Tian Gang again, then withdrew his gaze, sighing, "Really nothing. Lord, rest assured, no one bullied me. It's just that I accidentally caused trouble, and punishment is only fair."

With each sentence, Baili Duyue's expression darkened. Tian Gang, kneeling on the ground, also felt an ominous premonition, a chill running down his spine.

Though the Twelve Guardians were like brothers, dealing with such matters wasn't easy. The other eleven could only subtly look at Tian Gang, seemingly saying, "Why provoke the male favorite of the lord? The power of pillow talk is not easy to endure."

Baili Duyue was not blind; he noticed Sang Feiwan's frequent glances towards Tian Gang. Narrowing his eyes, he demanded, "What exactly happened? Tell me the details."

When Tian Gang was about to speak, Sang Feiwan preemptively took the initiative, shouldering all blame onto himself. "It's my fault. Late at night, I wanted to sit by the lake, but it led to unwarranted suspicion. It's only natural for the leader Tian Gang to think of imprisoning me. Lord, please don't blame him."

As he finished speaking, he casually raised his hand to touch his neck, revealing a conspicuous red mark, a cut from the sword's edge against his fair skin.

Baili Duyue, surrounded by an icy aura, suppressed his anger visibly. He turned to Tian Gang on the ground and coldly asked, "Do you remember what I instructed before going into seclusion?!"

Tian Gang respectfully replied, "Strictly guard the royal city!”

Baili Duyue: "Anything else?"

Tian Gang hesitated, "Well, take good care of Sang Feiwan..."

Baili Duyue's command was to look after Sang Feiwan. Neglecting him would have sufficed, but injuring him was beyond comprehension.

Tian Gang had initially thought Sang Feiwan was an insignificant favorite and was wary due to his mysterious identity. He never expected Baili Duyue to value him so much. He straightforwardly asked for punishment, "I request the lord to punish me!"

Baili Duyue coldly swept his sleeves, exuding an oppressive aura, "Receive your punishment, and if you repeat the offense, no mercy will be given!"

The Twelve Guardians had a unique status, being the closest to Baili Duyue's heart. Punishing them was a rare occurrence. However, overlooking this matter lightly would set a bad precedent.

Tian Gang expressed gratitude with a bow and withdrew with his men.

Sang Feiwan, who was watching the commotion, intended to shed a few tears while brewing sympathy. However, before the tears could fall, a cold hand covered his neck. He instinctively raised his eyes and met Baili Duyue's amber gaze.