A8 C228: Does the Lord Allow Me to Be Presumptuous?

The candles in the hall had burned out at an unknown time, leaving the surroundings dim. The peacock-shaped lamp gradually dimmed, and only the night pearls embedded in the corners of the corridor emitted a faint glow.

Sang Feiwan closed his eyes and lay on Baili Duyue's body, his chest rising and falling irregularly, slowly calming his breath. Thinking back to the lingering kiss just now, he opened his eyes with a contemplative expression, momentarily lost in thought. He realized that such affairs were indeed confusing and entangled, not necessarily a good thing.

Baili Duyue, similarly, was trapped in a daze, his mind blank.

He couldn't understand why Sang Feiwan was in the pool.

He couldn't fathom why Sang Feiwan had kissed him.

Even more so, he couldn't comprehend... why Sang Feiwan had said those words just now...

Whether it was the current personality or the previous one, their styles of conduct might be vastly different, but the only commonality was their utter ignorance when it came to matters of the heart.

Seeing Baili Duyue lost in thought, Sang Feiwan didn't suspect anything. For a moment, he even thought about leaving the hall to avoid being killed when the other party realized what had happened.

But...

But what?

Sang Feiwan couldn't explain. Instead of leaving, he carried Baili Duyue out of the pool and placed him on the bed. Bending down, he covered the other's body with a nearby brocade quilt and whispered, "It's late, get some rest."

He lowered his gaze for a moment, always giving an extremely affectionate impression. However, his slightly pursed lips revealed a naturally cold demeanor.

"..."

Baili Duyue's eyelashes trembled at the words, finally returning to reality. He looked at Sang Feiwan, and his fingertips under the quilt moved slightly, as if he wanted to do something. However, Sang Feiwan had already silently exited the hall. The heavy palace door was gently closed, emitting a soft creaking sound.

Sang Feiwan walked out of the bedroom with all of his clothes wet. He pretended not to notice the scrutinizing gaze of the guards at the door and went straight to the side chamber to rest.

The bathwater was rich in spiritual energy, and Sang Feiwan didn't know if he had soaked for too long. By the latter part of the night, he started feeling uncomfortable. The circulation of blood in his body accelerated, and his temperature gradually rose. His throat became so dry it seemed to emit smoke.

"Splash—"

Sang Feiwan frowned and sat up directly from the bed. He even doubted whether he had been poisoned by the Dragon Terrace Orchid. Why else would he feel so feverish? Getting up, he walked to the table, poured a cup of tea, but whether due to excessive force or other reasons, the delicate carved porcelain cup suddenly cracked with a crisp sound.

“Click——”

Sang Feiwan's pupils slightly contracted. After all, he was a modern person, and his instinctive reaction was to throw away the sharp shards that had suddenly appeared in his hand. However, before he could make a move, a faint blue light flashed over his fingertips, and the broken porcelain pieces flew out into the air, landing on the ground with a loud clatter in the silent room.

Sang Feiwan paused at the sight, astonished. He lowered his head to look at his palm, temporarily suspecting that he might be hallucinating. If he hadn't seen it wrong, a faint blue spiritual power had just appeared at his fingertips?!