A8 C243: Turns Out, I Can't Leave You Either

The Emperor secretly imprisoned the group of Tian Yan realm experts to prevent any leaks of information. He specifically transferred his chief guard to tighten the security, ensuring that no one could escape.

The only people free to come and go were Fu Yujin and Fu Yuhao.

So, when the chief guard suddenly spotted the Empress at the entrance of the dungeon, he was momentarily stunned. The Emperor had repeatedly ordered to keep this matter a secret from the Empress.

"Empress, please halt!"

Seeing the Empress attempting to enter, the guard quickly stepped forward, raising his hand to stop her, his voice filled with tension, "This place holds dangerous criminals. How can the Empress, with her esteemed status, set foot here? Please return to the palace at once!"

The Empress was draped in a dark cloak. Seeing the guard blocking her path, she slowly raised her hand to pull down her hood. Her hair was as white as clouds, tinged with a light frost, "I am aware of who is imprisoned here. There's no need to hide it from me. They are merely the Tian Yan realm experts from the Four Realms."

The guard's face turned awkward, not knowing how she had heard about it, "The core of Master You Yunxian was stolen, and the culprit is still at large. The Emperor did this to uncover the truth. Once everything is revealed, they will naturally be released."

Sang Feiwan, disguised as an attendant, followed behind the Empress with a sword in his arms. Upon hearing this, he subtly shook his head at the Empress, indicating not to believe his nonsense.

They needed to go in now and find a way to rescue those people. Otherwise, if the Emperor failed in his breakthrough to the Tian Shen realm tonight, he would soon come for the second core.

Fu Yuhao had always held a grudge against Baili Duyue. Sang Feiwan strongly suspected he would seek revenge and torture Baili Duyue first.

The Empress seemed to be aware of this too. Her expression grew cold as she sternly said to the chief guard, "If it's just to uncover the truth, there's no need to stop me. They are esteemed guests of high status. Now that the Emperor has imprisoned them here, they are bound to harbor resentment. I am here to offer words of comfort and consolation."

The guard hesitated, "But..."

Seeing him still obstructing, afraid that she would be discovered by the Emperor if they delayed any longer, the Empress slapped him across the face and scolded, "Nonsense! How dare you stop me! Speak another word, and I will report to the Emperor that you are insubordinate and have your cultivation stripped!"

The Emperor was capricious but deeply cherished the Empress. This was a well-known fact. Hearing that he might lose his cultivation, the chief guard became even more hesitant. Seeing this, the Empress forcefully pushed him aside, took Sang Feiwan who was disguised as an attendant, and broke into the dungeon, leaving behind a cold warning:

"Without my orders, none of you are allowed to enter! Anyone who dares to take a step inside will face the consequence of having their cultivation stripped and their entire family punished!"

At that moment, the imprisoned cultivators in the dungeon were just waking up. Seeing themselves trapped and feeling weak, they were shocked and bewildered, unsure of what had happened.

"It's the Emperor! It must be the Emperor! Why did he imprison us here?!"

"Could it be that he suspects us of stealing Master You Yunxian's core?"

"It can't be that simple! Fu Yujin is cunning and ruthless. His methods during his ascension to the throne were exceptionally brutal. There must be another reason for imprisoning us here!"