A7 C202: So Sleepy...

Shen Zuixing seemed unusually fascinated by the bloody scent, lazily squinting his eyes, revealing a hint of satisfaction. His crimson tongue gently licked around the wound, resembling a certain type of snake, bringing about a vague sense of ambiguity.

Jiang Weimian only felt a slight tingling in his wrist, followed by a strange, moist itch that covered him, reaching straight to his tailbone. His arm stiffened, unsure whether to evade or rebuke. Frowning, his voice husky and low, he uttered, "Shen Zuixing—!"

It sounded like a warning, yet lacked some icy intimidation.

At the words, Shen Zuixing finally withdrew his actions slowly, turning to look at Jiang Weimian. In the dim light, his lips were unbelievably crimson, with a touch of elegance, raising an eyebrow as he asked with a half-smile, "What's the matter?"

Jiang Weimian thought this question should be directed at Shen Zuixing, but his instincts told him it was better not to respond. Seeing that the group led by Gaozhi had already left, he rolled away from the hiding table.

Sitting on the ground with his back to Shen Zuixing, Jiang Weimian quickly pulled down his sleeve, attempting to conceal the persistent dampness on his wrist. Yet, the sensation seemed to take root in his mind like wild grass, becoming clearer as he tried to avoid recalling it.

Shen Zuixing also emerged slowly from behind, staring at Jiang Weimian's distant figure. Squinting his eyes, he suddenly said without preamble, "Jiang Weimian, this is a game that can't be restarted after failure. Take care of yourself; those meaningless acts of kindness won't benefit you, understand?"

Shen Zuixing had never seen someone like Jiang Weimian, someone who, despite his own precarious situation, still bothered with other people's affairs.

Whether it was the girl from the beginner stage or the teammates like Qian Duoduo who were dragging him down, Jiang Weimian seemed to have expended too much unnecessary energy and kindness on these people.

No other player was like him.

This was not a good thing.

Shen Zuixing finished speaking and silently approached Jiang Weimian's back, resting his chin on his shoulder. With warm breath near his ear, he whispered like a devil tempting, "Jiang Weimian, the team beginner stage is over, and this is the primary stage..."

"Even if your teammates die, it won't affect your mission..."

"Just ensure you stay alive, you know..."

"Jiang Weimian, just make sure you stay alive..." 

Jiang Weimian hesitated at the words, not understanding why Shen Zuixing suddenly said this. Considering the other's unpredictable personality, he felt it wasn't that surprising. Slowly turning to face Shen Zuixing, he met a pair of bright black eyes reflecting his own image.

"...”

Jiang Weimian remained silent, watching Shen Zuixing. After a moment, he calmly spoke, "Games inherently involve winning and losing. I know the rewards of winning and the consequences of losing."

"Shen Zuixing, I accept those consequences."

"There are many ways to die, just as there are many ways to live. I may not choose my death, but I can choose how to live."

Jiang Weimian wanted to live the rest of his life openly and purely, free from any guilt or regret.

The first half of his life forced him to let go of many things—memories, rules, and even emotions. Time was a terrifying force, silently erasing all memories of his existence over the past twenty-plus years, leaving his mind gradually blank.