A8 C238: Meeting Duan Yang Again

The capital was heavily guarded. After Baili Duyue muttered a spell, he disappeared without a trace. Meanwhile, Sang Feiwan feigned exhaustion, resting and dozing off in a nearby pavilion while secretly keeping an eye out.

Baili Duyue was already a master at the Tian Yan Realm. Stealing a bead should be easy, but he mustn't be discovered, or he'd lose both face and substance.

As the Lord of Cangdu City, coming to the capital to act as a petty thief wouldn’t sound good if it got out. However, Baili Duyue was fixated on this matter and couldn’t be stopped.

While Sang Feiwan was lost in thought, observing his surroundings, a servant carrying a tray of wine suddenly approached from a distance. With a casual glance, Sang Feiwan was stunned on the spot.

It was because the servant's appearance was strikingly similar to Duan Yang's, the protagonist.

Duan Yang had once been beaten and thrown out of the city lord's mansion, left with only half a life and further drugged by Sang Feiwan with all sorts of random medications. For an ordinary person, they wouldn’t just be severely injured; they might even die.

Yet here he was, not only alive but also in the capital.

Could this be the legendary protagonist's luck?

Thinking of this, Sang Feiwan furrowed his brows and quietly drew a dagger from his sleeve, which Baili Duyue had previously given him for protection. The luckier Duan Yang seemed to be, the more powerful the protagonist’s aura felt to him. And the stronger the protagonist's aura, the more he wanted to…

Eliminate the other party…

Sang Feiwan watched as Duan Yang walked away, concealing the sharp blade in his sleeve and discreetly following him. Although he had never killed anyone and didn’t want to, Duan Yang’s existence was like a ticking time bomb, and it was better to get rid of him sooner rather than later.

Duan Yang, who was walking ahead, was completely unaware that he was being followed. He carried the tray and walked through the palace roads, taking several turns, and finally arrived at an external hall garden. However, before he could enter the hall, his lower back suddenly hit something. A sharp pain struck, accompanied by a chilling cold.

Duan Yang's hand trembled, and the tray almost slipped from his grasp.

"Who's there?!"

"Shhh…”

Sang Feiwan smiled and pressed his index finger to his lips, whispering in Duan Yang's ear, "You'd better hold onto your stuff tightly. If your hand shakes, mine will too."

The tip of the dagger stealthily approached, and the piercing pain became increasingly noticeable.

Duan Yang broke out in a cold sweat. He felt the voice sounded somewhat familiar, but for a moment, he couldn't recall who it was. Trembling, he asked, "What... what do you want to do..."

Antagonists shouldn't talk too much. When you want to kill someone, just stab directly. Otherwise, various unexpected situations might arise.

Understanding this principle well, Sang Feiwan directly dragged Duan Yang to a secluded corner, twisted his wrist, and tried to stab him. However, at this moment, the dagger seemed to encounter some resistance and couldn't pierce through.

Sang Feiwan whispered, "Hmm? Are you wearing chainmail?"

Duan Yang was terrified. The tray clattered to the ground, and he couldn’t hear what Sang Feiwan said clearly. Just as Sang Feiwan was about to incapacitate him, a blue light suddenly struck his dagger, and the blade flew far away.