A8 C226: Bathing Together

Baili Duyue's thoughts are always unpredictable, even Sang Feiwan couldn't figure out the intention behind his actions. Upon hearing the words, Sang Feiwan was momentarily stunned, feeling that this matter could be both good and bad.

The good part is that he can finally make his presence known to Baili Duyue up close. The bad part is that if that villainous personality suddenly emerges, his life might be in danger, and running away might not be an option.

This is indeed like walking on the tip of a knife.

While Sang Feiwan was lost in thought, undecided, Baili Duyue had already turned and gracefully left, disappearing beyond the Moonlight Gate. It seemed he only came here to inform Sang Feiwan, not to seek his opinion.

Sang Feiwan: "..."

Fine.

Not long after, the housekeeper received the command. He couldn't quite understand, but in just a few days, why did Sang Feiwan suddenly "rise to prominence"? Could it be that heroes are indeed vulnerable to the charms of beauties, with even the City Lord falling for his stunning face?

The housekeeper was perplexed, but he finally understood one thing. The current Sang Feiwan, favored by the City Lord, is no longer the servant who could be scolded and beaten at will. His tone was unusually polite, "Serving in the main hall is different from sweeping the garden. You must be extremely careful. If you violate the City Lord's taboos, don't blame me for not warning you."

Sang Feiwan may tidy up the study and trim flower branches, but serving someone up close? He hadn't done that before. After a moment of contemplation, he decided to ask for guidance, "Forgive my ignorance. May I ask, what does serving someone up close entail?"

The housekeeper hesitated at the question. He didn't know, as the City Lord had never allowed anyone to serve him up close before, and Sang Feiwan was the first. Trying to maintain an air of authority, he cleared his throat and said, "Being favored by the City Lord, you should know how to serve. It involves making tea, grinding ink, giving massages, dressing and bathing, warming the bed..."

As he spoke, he suddenly realized something was amiss, his pupils contracted. He hurriedly swallowed the latter part of his sentence. Sang Feiwan, noticing the abrupt change, subtly paused but pretended not to have heard. He smiled and thanked the housekeeper, "Thank you for the guidance. I will definitely remember it."

Hell may be easy to provoke, but lesser demons are troublesome. Sang Feiwan never minded the housekeeper's bad attitude towards him. After all, it was just talk, and he wouldn't lose a piece of flesh.

It was only at this moment that the housekeeper finally realized Sang Feiwan was not simple. With this temperament, he could blend in well by the City Lord's side. After pondering for a while, he subtly dropped a hint, "You are a smart person. Naturally, you understand the importance of being cautious. I'll tell you one thing – never mention the matters of the former City Lord and Lady in front of the City Lord. Also, never touch the box carved from thousand-year purple gold on the frame in the sleeping hall."

With the housekeeper's words, Sang Feiwan became curious. It made sense not to mention his parents in front of Baili Duyue, considering the original plot's background where Baili Duyue had a childhood trauma. Asking about this would be like stepping on a landmine.

But what could be hidden in that box on the sleeping hall's frame?

Sang Feiwan intentionally asked innocently, "Could the box contain some cultivation techniques?"

The housekeeper snorted through his nose, finding him naive, "If it were cultivation techniques, why would it be blatantly displayed outside? Anyway, just don't touch it."