A7 C201: Licking Wounds

Where is the most hidden place in a school that would keep a corpse unnoticed for ten years? The rooftop water tank? Storage room? Inside the walls? Or beneath the flowerbed?

Jiang Weimian didn't know, as the world had too many dark corners unfit for the light. He could only eliminate them one by one.

Staring at the photo of the corpse for a while, Shen Zuixing suddenly noticed red and green paint on the dead student's uniform sleeve. He exclaimed, "Could it be the art room?"

Surveying the surroundings, Jiang Weimian nodded, "It's possible, but not definite. The most likely places to hide a body in a school are in the corners. Half an hour is too tight; let's split up. He Man, go with Qian Duoduo and check downstairs, pay attention to corners near the flowerbeds. Wang Dabiao, check each floor, observe what other players are doing. Shen Zuixing and I will go to the art room."

Wang Dabiao was careless, and finding a hidden body wasn't his forte. Instead, he decided to play the spy and see what other players were up to.

With time pressing, everyone agreed without objections, scattering to search for clues. Jiang Weimian noticed a bulletin board at the classroom entrance, and upon closer inspection, he found a map with directions to the art center on the fourth floor. He said to Shen Zuixing, "Let's go, the art room should be on the fourth floor. We need to check it out."

Walking up the stairs swiftly, they passed several classrooms along the way. To their surprise, almost every classroom had a corpse—some sat on the podium, others lay against the window, bloodied and smiling at the female corpse outside. Different deaths, varying degrees of decomposition, but all in school uniforms.

Shen Zuixing frowned, "Why are there so many corpses?"

Jiang Weimian looked briefly but quickly averted his gaze. He gestured towards the game hints board, calmly analyzing, "The game says the body was hidden by the murderer in the school for ten years without being discovered. So, it must be well-hidden. These bodies are likely generated virtual data for the game to increase the difficulty of finding the real body. Let's not bother with them."

Shen Zuixing, pretending to be concerned, suggested, "Jiang Weimian, should we take a look at the bodies? Maybe there's a clue."

Jiang Weimian disagreed, "No need. They're all fake bodies. We need to focus on finding the real one. Come on, let's continue."

While still searching, they reached the fourth floor, passing art rooms filled with dust. They found one with easels, drawing books, and paint on glass shelves. However, the room was empty; no corners for hiding a body.

Jiang Weimian wiped away the dust, knocked on the walls, and observed, "Anywhere there are classrooms, there are students. It's unlikely a body would be in plain sight in frequented areas. We can rule out this place. Let's go downstairs."

Despite being convinced that the body might be in the small forest, Shen Zuixing seemed indifferent. When Jiang Weimian questioned this, Shen Zuixing shrugged, and, uninterested, said, "Could be. Let's go."

During their descent, they encountered a group of unexpected visitors—the previously seen Gaozhi Team.

"Shen Zuixing?!"

Upon seeing Shen Zuixing, Bai Zhian's eyes darkened, as if he wished to devour him alive, holding some deep-seated grudge.

Shen Zuixing, unfazed, retorted, "Oh, it's the idiots from the Gaozhi Team."

Jiang Weimian recognized Bai Zhian from when he kicked Shen Zuixing back to the novice stage. He inquired, "Is he the one who kicked you back to the novice stage?"