A8 C241: You Deceived Me...

Fu Yuhao stood outside the dungeon, shadows dividing his face into light and dark halves. One side was gentle and refined, while the other was filled with hysterical madness and jealousy. He watched as Baili Duyue was imprisoned, looking like a trapped beast. A hint of pleasure could be seen in his expression.

"Baili Duyue,"

Fu Yuhao spoke slowly, with a low chuckle,

"Your fate was to be betrayed, just like Baili Qingdu back then, perishing tragically..."

Baili Qingdu, the former master of the Northern Territory of Cangdu, was severely injured in a battle at the Ruins of No Return against the demon soldiers. It was widely believed that he died from his injuries, but in truth, it was Fu Yujin who took the opportunity to kill him and extract his essence.

At that time, Baili Duyue was there...

He was still a child, witnessing his father being chained to a stone platform like a lamb to the slaughter, and then someone cruelly extracting his core with a dagger.

And then...

His mother... his mother left without looking back, following the murderer...

In one night, everything fell apart.

Fu Yuhao was clearly trying to hurt Baili Duyue emotionally, the pain comparable to the extraction of his core.

Sang Feiwan dared not look at Baili Duyue's expression anymore. All he heard were warning sounds from the system indicating Baili Duyue's rising madness level. He tried to resist the urge to look but eventually couldn't help it. He cautiously opened his eyes and met a pair of crimson eyes—

What kind of eyes were those...

Even more crimson and gloomy than ever before, like the color of skin being peeled from flesh, dripping with bloody cruelty.

Unbearable to look at, yet unable to look away.

Sang Feiwan felt that tears would soon flow from those eyes.

Baili Duyue gripped the iron door tightly, veins bulging on the back of his hands, and the sound of bones trembling could be faintly heard. He slowly raised his eyes in the dim light, glaring at Sang Feiwan with a chilling look.

"Sang Feiwan..."

Ignoring Fu Yuhao's words, Baili Duyue focused solely on Sang Feiwan, his eyes bloodshot, and asked in a hoarse voice,

"Have you betrayed me?"

He repeated, "Have you betrayed me?"

The past was like a bone stuck in his throat. Although it was mentioned again, it didn't hurt as much anymore. Baili Duyue only cared about Sang Feiwan, wondering if he had been foolishly devoted and abandoned again.

Seeing Baili Duyue's red eyes with tears forming, Sang Feiwan would usually laugh and gently touch his cheek with his fingertips, then coax him with affected tenderness, whispering, "How could Feiwan betray the Lord? The Lord is my favorite, unless the Lord doesn't love Feiwan anymore..."

But now, Sang Feiwan couldn't say anything.

Something seemed to be stuck in his throat, all words suppressed. Even his body was out of control, letting Fu Yuhao hold his wrist.

Damn it.

Sang Feiwan suddenly felt irritable, wanting to curse and hit someone. He nervously stared at Baili Duyue, trying to convey a message with his eyes, hoping he wouldn't believe whatever Fu Yuhao said. He had never betrayed Baili Duyue.

Sang Feiwan had only hugged Baili Duyue,

Sang Feiwan had only kissed Baili Duyue,

Sang Feiwan had only whispered half-true, half-false sweet words to Baili Duyue.