A7 C203: Burial in the Playground

On the other side, He Man had already sneaked into the girls' dormitory with Jiang Weimian and the others. Luckily, the hot weather kept the dormitory aunt in the air-conditioned room, or they would have been caught instantly.

Shen Zuixing's ears were sharp, and with the spacious corridor, any sound was easily amplified. He noticed some commotion in the rightmost dorm room and discreetly signaled to the others, "Liao Qian lives in the innermost room, and there's more than one voice - possibly a teacher."

Jiang Weimian said, "Let's go check."

They approached the dorm room, and as the distance shortened, cries became clearer - a mix of sharp screams from girls and anxious reassurances from a teacher.

"Go away! Leave! Don't come any closer! If you do, I'll die right in front of you! Do you all want me dead?! You want me dead!"

"Liao Qian, calm down. The teacher means no harm; they just want to take you to see a doctor. Can you please put the knife down?"

"Don't come near! Don't touch me! If you come closer, I'll die for you to see! You're all bullying me! Bullying me!"

"Liao Qian, the teacher has already contacted your parents. You don't want them to worry, right? Speak up, and let the teacher help you solve any issues."

Liao Qian's reaction escalated, "No! No! Don't want them! Don't want them! None of you come near! None of you! I know, I know, my existence is pointless; nobody likes me, nobody... don't come near..."

From desperate screams at first, it turned into hysterical sobbing - terrified and helpless. Two female teachers were on the floor talking to her, legs already numb. In the end, with a frown, one of them got up from the floor and walked out of the dormitory.

Jiang Weimian and the others quickly hid in a corner of the staircase, witnessing the two teachers whispering.

"It's annoying; I never liked this student. She was fine in class yesterday, but why go crazy early in the morning? If she hasn't cured her depression, she shouldn't be sent to school!"

"Did you contact her parents?"

"Couldn't reach them at all. I heard her parents divorced, each going their own way. Only a grandmother left, farming in the countryside, dragging every time to pay the school fees. I was already worried enough about Zhao Xi disappearing, and now Liao Qian starts acting crazy for no reason."

"You're the class teacher; you should pay more attention. Liao Qian is too quiet."

"More than quiet, she's clearly neurotic. No one in the class wants to play with her. Why bother with that idle concern."

"What do you plan to do?"

"What can I do? The principal is afraid of trouble, and doesn't want us to report Liao Qian's situation to the police. I'll try to contact her grandmother. You go quickly to the class, so those troublemakers don't cause a scene again."

"What about Liao Qian..."

"I'll have Teacher Liu come over to watch, she doesn't have classes today."

"Alright."

As Jiang Weimian saw the two teachers leave, he slowly walked out from the corner of the staircase. Placing the toolbox on the ground, he approached Liao Qian's dormitory door. Through the slightly ajar door, he saw a girl huddled under the bed in a padded jacket, holding a utility knife, trembling and constantly murmuring, "Don't come closer, don't come closer," appearing genuinely neurotic.

Jiang Weimian frowned, finding it strange. It was July, scorching hot, why would the girl be wearing a padded jacket?

The corridor was crowded, and to avoid being noticed by the dormitory staff later, they had to enter Liao Qian's room, closing the door behind them.