31. Devil incarnate

Abraax demons were merely a myth once upon a time. Scary tales that once disciplined young fae children whom had not listened to their parents. Abraax demons- immortal dangerous beings that had an immense amount of power that was used for evil and evil only. The undertakers of the underworld- made by the devil himself in the image of fae. It is now living proof that these supernatural beings exist- released by the Kin slayer of Duvessa. The young royal that released the deadly darkness that slaughtered everything in its kingdom. The deadly darkness was thankfully contained by the High King of Apollo; Solaire Gideon. However- the demons released could not be. They now roam the lands of Terran-free, mischievous and carrying a sense of mystery that could never be untold.

Terran Modern Day History.

The following text has been transcribed in an oath of truth by Volda Keely Darkblood of the Darkblood Witch Coven.

***************************************************************************************************

I almost wished my eyes had burned the same color as the prince's eyes. For all that I now had was anger and fear. I am sure he could no doubt scent it all over me.

"You chose me as your warrior. Someone to protect you. How is anyone, supposed to protect even a single leaf from demons like them?" I spat at the prince. The finger I stabbed into his chest was hot and warm. Sensing the heat radiating from the prince.

His men, the soldiers had taken precautionary posts to the entrance of the lords castle like home and some had dispersed with Colfe to enjoy the festivities. It was Inanov, Red and the brothers that now stared at both the prince and myself.

Wide eyed. No doubt unsure of what was going to unfold from the prince and myself. Inanov, Hulin and Akiel didn't seem too scared at the thought of the demons that seemed to be enjoying the soiree. Red's face was a sheet of white- I had told him stories about Abraax demons once. And here they were- out in the open for all to see.

The prince did not retaliate to my anger- no. He was silent instead. Looking deeply into my eyes- he blinked once. Then twice. And by the third he was giving instructions.

"You men go enjoy yourselves. Ensure our horses are taken to the stables. Be careful of what you say- no talk of our conquests thus far."

As if happy to be out of a pending argument bound to happen, they all left with no questions asked. Inanov narrowed his eyes at me, as if to say, watch your mouth.

"Tell me prince. When were you going to tell me your enemies were Abraax demons." I questioned him darkly. Looking fearlessly into his red eyes that burned into my own.

"Prince? Huh.. I really enjoyed when you called me by my name back in Litara." the prince was back to his teasing ways, no longer cold to me and some part of me wondered if his teasing was all just a coping mechanism for him.

"I learnt my lesson from using that name. You don't listen to it. Now stop avoiding my questions." I bit out. The prince stood closer to me. "You are quite a grudge holder. Aren't you?" the prince made a face as if to wince and when he saw no spark in my eyes from his humor, he slowly sobered up. I could tell from his demeanor that he did not want to be in this situation either- with his enemy this close. It had nearly made him lose his composure- and for him. That was a big deal.

"Those demons will not harm us. They have a treaty of sorts with the king. They will not harm me or you or any of my men either.. well- perhaps they might toy with us. But they will not step a foot further than that." I took the princes words into consideration and clenched my fist.