22. Wine or Blood?

Vampyres are distinguishable by their luminescent blue eyes that shine as bright as the essence of a pure soul-however ironically are without a soul. The undead- sustained by the blood of the living. ~Best active in shadows, trees, caves and even more active at dusk. Sunlight is a weakness to their strength, however is not lethal.

The following Korovian text has been transcribed by Nebula Earthglow of the Earthglow Witch Coven.

Instead of talking, I kept quiet. "She's a damned vampire." Colfe blanches with disgust evident in his tone. Serena was consumed by darkness as she stepped into the dark cave, uninterested or either unaware of everyone's shocked faces.

However, it made all the more sense to me.

Their eyes.. fast reflexes.. concealed by shadows up in the trees. The slit throats of the men they had hung.

The prince, so trusting in this woman. Followed her into the caves which meant that I had to stick close to him.

To protect him.

The thought was not appetizing, if he was going to lead himself to his death, it would make my life a whole lot easier. To finally be rid of him.

And yet, I stuck close- keeping a watchful eye on the darkness of the cave. Noticing how shadows loomed and dissipated as the prince walked forward. They had dissipated and re-created as I followed. Whispering and following my every step.

I grit my teeth. There was something about this place that made me feel.. Invigorated.

It awoke something in the deepest parts of my blood that I had forgotten existed.

It was not taxing on my vision, my eyes immediately adapted to the darkness.

A stumbling figure weaved its way from behind me, cutting me from my thoughts. "Shit" he cursed.

It was Red, he was the only person I cared about in making it out here alive.

I caught his arm firmly before he could stumble again.

"Be careful." I scolded him.

"It is so dark in here, how am I supposed to avoid tripping." He argued back.

"No.. I mean. Be careful. Vampires can be deceitful. Stay close to me or.. even Inanov." I spoke in a hushed voice. Already knowing it would not make a difference to the vampire's excellent hearing in these hollow caves.

The caves slowly became easier to see- there was light. Illuminating from the tiled pathways.

Tiles.. in a cave?

It was extravagant. The architecture that was held by brown sculpted pillars. The walls of the cave held art, that seemed to be depicting stories, adventures and maybe even prophecies. Porcelain gargoyles held lanterns that made the light bloom into a dimmed gold lighting across the cave, giving the look as if we were in a grand ancient cathedral.