9. Blood Stained Glass

The rebels are out there. Those who rebel against the King Of Light, King of Apollo, The High King Solaire Gedeon and his rule. Those who still follow the old queen of Duvessa, Queen of Darkness still roam Terran. However their numbers are dropping- and soon will seize to exist.

The following text has been transcribed in an oath of truth by Volda Keely Darkblood of the Darkblood Witch Coven.

The original text has been destroyed upon command from the High King of Apollo- Solaire Gideon.

There was no place other than Merlanis that could be cold at night and yet blazing hot during the day

There was no place other than Merlanis that could be cold at night and yet blazing hot during the day. The cloak I had worn when leaving for the Oakenhold forest had been torn off my body and discarded.

My body had an ache that made me want to drop onto the soft mossy floor. And to hopefully have that lack of movement and stillness- cure the pain.

The reason I had made it this far at all was that I was subconsciously telling myself that the ache was only faint- just a dull pain that would eventually lead to light bruises scattered across my body.. However, I could also perhaps mention another reason we had made it this far..

I scowled, as I felt the gruff man behind me pull onto the rope that was wrapped around a horses neck. I kept a firm hand on the rough rope- to lead the horse through the dirt road path which would take us in direct contact to Dritan's estate.

I turned to look at the adjacent ropes that were held by both Ezra and myself.

Five.

Five.

There were five of them.

The bandits we had captured were four.

The fifth..

I shook my head trying to rid those repetitive thoughts..

To say that I had felt that this hunt was a success would be a lie. Dritan would be pleased to know that his special visitors would have no casualties to deal with now that we had captured the ones he needed.

"We're near the gates.. I'll take them to him. You should see a healer and get cleaned up." Ezra softly spoke, the face of his skin looked ashen and almost swollen. His movements tense, as if not trying to show his state of exhaustion.

"No, it's just a little more closer. I can make it. You need the help." I immediately answered and began to walk forward a bit more determinedly. My legs roared in protest and burned.

"Mor, please.. You're in worse shape. I can do it. Now go." he took the rope from my hand and began to walk on before I could disagree.

Now.. without the weight of responsibility from the ropes I held. My shoulders sagged.

I immediately thought of how it was me, who obeyed Fala, and took this mission to please her. I remembered how Ezra had said, that if it weren't for me, he would have never agreed.