26. Kastell Manor

"Necromancers are to be sentenced to death for their crimes in interfering with the balance of life and death. To kill a necromancer is no easy task however. The last and only person that could kill necromancers was the old queen of Duvessa. She wiped them from Terran- restoring the balance that was desperately needed."

Duvessan Fae History.

The following text has been transcribed in an oath of truth by Volda Keely Darkblood of the Darkblood Witch Coven.

The original text has been destroyed upon command from the High King of Apollo- Solaire Gideon.

I felt the innkeepers eyes on me this whole morning. I sat around the same table as I did last night. The nightmares I had of whispering girls and the blue eyes of the innkeepers daughter stared into my soul- until screams from women so loud in my dream was enough to wake me up. I had woken before first light and relieved Inanov of his duties. Taking watch in his stead.

I braided my hair tightly- ensuring none slip out of place.

My armor had dried and now I was wearing it on full display. We were to leave the inn now anyway, so the innkeeper might as well see a warrior instead of a maiden in need of protection.

The only thing here that needs to be feared is me.

The dark thought crossed my mind so surprisingly, that I blinked in surprise.

I looked her in the eye as I strapped my fire blades.

One each on my thighs. One in my boot. And two along my waste.

I wonder where she had made her husband take her daughter to.. or rather- to whom.

I had left the room that had an eye catching sleeping prince that I had not dared to look at.

Now he stood atop the stairs, seems like he also didn't care about being concealed anymore. There were not any town folk outdoors to notice anyways. His deadly red eyes in full display as he made his way towards me- Inanov trailing behind him. The prince wore a black and gold tunic. Its colors similar to what my armor looked like.

The gold as always, complimented him. However, the black made him look older- like a king.

"Couldn't sleep with me being next to you?" the prince teased slightly but there seemed to be some genuine concern in his voice.

"I slept fine. I just want to be out of this gods damned land." I muttered and looked outside.

"On that, we can both agree." the prince answered and then looked to Agnis. "We thank you for your hospitality Agnis." He handed her a few more gold coins. "Our gratitude." he answered.

This time, Agatha didn't bother checking to see if the coins were truly gold. Without a doubt, she knew who stood in front of her.

"No accent today, huh?" she wearily looked at him. She was nervous, I noticed her hand fist her apron- her eyes darting around to the different exits of the inn.