24. Hunter & Hunted

Every 500 years A Witch Queen Is Born From Riaan. The Underworld. Destined to take the Throne of Maidens, Crones and Mothers. The last queen whom was birthed naturally. A Holy Birth, a curse to all witches. To be a defect in the Witch Kingdom is a bad omen and an immediate banishment. There is no longer a witch queen. Only the Empress of Witches whom has taken over the throne.

Long Live Heihu Arden, Originally from the PoisonIvy Witch Coven.

Established Article Scroll belonging to the Witch Hall Chamber Museum.

The misted forest had a cold bite to it when we had returned to the camp site in the morning

The misted forest had a cold bite to it when we had returned to the camp site in the morning. My body ached subtly from the fitful sleep I had last night. One would think sleeping in an actual bed after 11 years would mean an easy blissful sleep yet that was not the case in the Old Queens bedroom. Other than my body not being accustomed to the softness of the mattress, my dreams were haunted with glowing blue eyes and a red gem stone that had made an appearance.

Some relief settled to me knowing that we would be leaving Viridis Aurum, the land that held so much answers and yet, consumed old secrets like a plague. The shadows and darkness in my heart had settled and hid back into the prison they had escaped from within me. Making it much clearer to think, and put all the strange events that had occurred in the back of my mind. My focus, now being to only speak to the prince when necessary, protect him- and not think about how his eyes had looked at me last night. How his fands felt on my waist when we danced.. how his fingers-

"I had a ball of a time in there Mor. Do you think we will ever be able to visit again?" Red spoke up from behind me as he brought his grey mare and my stallion towards me.

"No." I gave a curt reply. Strapping the horse with a few of my blades and strapping a bow and a pack of arrows behind my back. I tightened my armor straps, stiffening when I scented the faint smell of the Old Queens dress still on me.

The scent was strong enough, to have transferred to my skin.

"You're not fun to talk to anymore." Red frowned and mounted his mare, moving his horse towards where, Inanov was stationed.

I sighed.

I guess some part of me should understand, what freedom buys. It makes you appreciate the things and experiences around you more, making every moment in life more enjoyable. It is hard to hold onto that joy, when the one sole person you know is not sharing the feeling...he was still just a kid that hadn't known what freedom was.. Till now.

I felt like a rotten mole.

Red is right.

I spotted a white pebbled stone that sparkled from the few rays of sunshine managed to push through the mist. I picked it up, mounted the stallion and kicked off into his direction.

"Hey." I called into his direction and threw the stone.

He luckily caught it in time before it could cause a minor concussion. He looked at it with confusion.