21. King of Pride

"Some say the spies of the coast are of angelic blood. There to carry secrets of the world to the Gods. Prophecy however says that darkness shall command them, and to darkness they shall fight triumphantly agai-"

The following UNFINISHED text has been transcribed in an oath of truth by Volda Keely Darkblood of the Darkblood Witch Coven.

The original text has been destroyed upon command from the High King of Apollo- Solaire Gideon.

I spent most of my morning busying myself to keep myself from thinking of that sinful dream.

Part of me refuses to wonder if it had been due to the nightingale sighting.

With Red beside me, I led the grey stallion to where the horses were stationed to leave. Tents packed from first light and ready to leave the forest- all but one tent remaining.

His.

A golden carriage was being assembled on the far end, which led me to suspect he was to ride in it.

A soldier approached Red and myself.

"The Prince requests his warrior. Announce yourself before you step in." The soldier sneered while relaying the message and then walked off.

My jaw tensed at the man's attitude.

"I'm no one's warrior." I thought to myself.

Yet unfortunately I was expected to protect this royal.

"I guess I am now," I muttered to myself.

"Let me know what happens. What if he sends us on a mission?" Red is as eager as ever. No doubt enjoying this little freedom away from the brothel, even though we are now trapped with the Apollon army.

"Firstly, there is no US in the matter of protecting the prince. Just me. Secondly, the prince will not send me on a mission that leaves him unprotected or with the chances of me running away." I spoke tightly.

"I promised your sister I would protect you. Stay out of trouble while I'm gone." I squeezed the bridge of my nose to relieve the pressure of the headache I was beginning to sport and walked to the last gold tent left standing.

I waited behind the tent opening, hesitant to step in.

I touched the material, opening it slightly and froze when I heard voices.

"I refuse to step into that damned carriage."

"Adrion, you must. You think you can ride a horse in this position?" A familiar voice chastised.

I almost couldn't believe it.

The prince was lying on an armchair, holding a cloth to his forehead- looking as if he was in pain. And it was Inanov that called the prince by his actual name as if they were friends.