25. Ghost Town

"Necromancy is the execution of magic that helps the wielder communicate with the dead in order to see the future, uncover secrets and sometimes even bring the dead back to life. This will require a blood price to be paid. A life- for a life. Life magic, death magic and even the undead magic of necromancy is deemed forbidden by Terran law, and anyone who practices it shall be sentenced to death."

This law was sanctioned and approved by the Old Queen, the Queen of Death and Shadows. The following Korovian text has been transcribed by Nebula Earthglow of the Earthglow Witch Coven.

My bones felt brittle from the rain soaked material that clung to my skin, not even my cloak being able to withstand the force at which it had rained

My bones felt brittle from the rain soaked material that clung to my skin, not even my cloak being able to withstand the force at which it had rained. Thunder cracked for what seemed the 5th time in a row. The horses nearly steering away of course and going into panic. With Nocturna's grace we did not get lost around the hills in the extreme weather. The men followed as well as they could- they all seemed accounted for. I almost didn't believe in myself- that I could possibly lead these Apollons to safety and yet... I did.

The feeling of accomplishment did not last long as I resisted the urge to stop my teeth from chattering.

The rain seemed to turn into a calmer heavy shower than what it was. I then spotted from afar- it had looked like distant fireflies.. but it was light. Light illuminating from houses below.

We had made it to the Litara villages.

My body nearly slumped against my horse in relief.

"Ensure my men all have a roof over their heads. Give the innkeepers as much gold as they charge." The prince spoke to Akiel and Hulin, handing over a large pouch each into their hands.

"We're splitting up?" I asked and watched as the men left their separate ways, Red following Hulin and Akiel.

"They are. Us on the other hand. Stay together." The prince replied and jumped off his horse. Cracking his neck, no doubt to shake off the ache of the long ride.

"Red." I called out.

"I know, I know. Be safe. Don't worry Mor." he waved a hand at me and caught up with Akiel.

I tried not to look too confused as I jumped off my own horse. Inanov unfortunately caught my questioning eyes and answered, "Innkeepers won't have enough room to keep us all, and we also do not want to draw too much attention from the village before we reach the Lord's manor."

The prince handed me something.

I took it carefully from his hands and examined it.

A thin brown cloak.

I looked up to see both Inanov and the prince wearing a matching set I held. Concealing their bright signature capes and Apollon markings. I put my own on and hoped that to the villagers, we just looked like travelers making their way through the lands.