Bonten Conclave

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

*Y/n's POV*

"Dad,you sure this works?",you doubted his methods for relieving a hangover.

"Works for me~",he just shrugged and continued his breakfast while reading the newspaper.

"Bonten to enlarge business chain across China"

Your Dad reads off the news written on the paper knowing it'd perk your interest.

On the contrary,you remained quiet and worked on the lemon seltzer you prepared for the long purple haired laying in your bed, hangover waiting for him to wake up so it could kick in on time.

"So what do we think of Ran?"

You knew he'd bring it up since you've been all around him the day before,"He's far better than the news but not better than the diary"

"And Rindou?"

"What do you mean?",you raised your brows in confusion,"He's my boyfriend"

"You sure that is what you're settling for?"

"What exactly are you trying to convey Dad?", you turned to face him as his words were upfront and brutally honest this morning.

His eyes never left the newspaper as he continued sipping his morning coffee, "Honestly,I loathed Ran..",he admitted out of the blue.

Confused,you waited for him to clarify his sudden honest remarks. It must've been bothering him how he suddenly showed up and gifted him something that he probably shouldn't know about.

"I loved your mom Y/n..",he rather continued,"A day never passes without me thinking about her even though i knew she'd loathed me the same way for what i did"

His eyes then finally met yours,"But when someone leaves such an imprint on your heart,you won't be able to fall in love the same way you love them with anyone else. They always remained there though you may not feel,a spark exists though there even if there won't be a fire to ignite"

Is he talking about Ran?

"Now you go check Rindou he must be up any moment",he suggested before you could ask anything more.

Nodding you grabbed a tray with the drink and left towards your room without further inquiry as he sounded like he'd hate to admit if you ask him who he was talking about.

°

"Rindou..",you gently shook him up after placing the drink on the bedside table. He looked like he needed more sleep but you couldn't help it in case he had to call in for work today.

Grunting softly,he opened his eyes and stretched out his body.

"Good morning",you ruffled his already messed up long purple hair.

In a swift motion,he grabbed you by the arm and pulled you into the bed once again beside him,"Two more hours please.."

"Like i live alone Rin..",you reminded him.

At the indirect mention of your Dad he tensed up and sat up but instantly scrunched in pain before he could say anything as the hangover was kicking in.