Solacing Oath

°

°

°

°

°

°

*Rindou's POV*

The eyes that I've always melted for stared at me ambiguously. The lips that I've showered with kisses full of love parted contrarily to my feelings otherwise..

"..Ran??"

[7:48 p.m]
From,
Blonde Vitamin:
She seemed to have lost her memory from some brain damage. She didn't remember any of us, except for one person - your brother.

Do i rush out of the office and leave everything behind to be called by the name of my brother? More or less coming from the girl i love??

She'll remember me too once she sees me.. I was totally wrong!!

"Ah!!..",her hands slowly rose to rub the nape of her neck with a smile,"Sorry if I've mistaken you. You really looked like a person I knew..."

What if i was not Ran? Will you still welcome me with those expectant eyes?

Why not Rindou but Ran?? I've spared all my love for you,and you only for all those 12 years. I asked you to remember me, didn't i? Yet why do you call me by that name?

Flood of rage and bliss washed over me in split seconds that i don't even know how i should feel right now. I was overjoyed to see her again,but internally wished it wasn't this way.

Do i wait all those years so they could end in vain?

"You're not wrong.."

My lie had her eyes widen in daze,staring at me with a newfound sentiment..,"Ran?"

"Yes..",my desperation got me responding to whatever she wanted me to be.

My piece of conscience was telling me how wrong and such a reckless of a decision i had decided. But what does my conscience serve for when i could only see the only girl i love right in front of my eyes again after years? Blame it on my heart and it's selfishness.

Soon as i felt her guard down after my response,i extended my arms forward and pulled her into my embrace. She didn't put up a fight either and give into my warmth blankly.

This scent,this warmth,this fragile body..,I've missed them so bad!! It wouldn't hurt so bad to be Ran right now!!

"So you really did seek me out like you promised..",she mumbled, nuzzling her face deeper into my chest.

Seek her out? Hold up!! Something about her specific remembrance of Ran and some promises didn't leave me at ease. It was the start of a whole new chapter and i couldn't grasp any of these. How much has been going on behind me?

"Y/n..",i softly pat her head head as i called out her name,"Can we talk?.."

I need to figure out everything, be it like Ran if i had to. However, sure thing was that I won't necessarily love her like him. I will stay by her side and love her like I've always did, in hopes for her to remember me.. because that's the only choice i am left with for now.

°

°

"So, you're the Ran she's been crazy for?", her Dad threw a glance at me since i unexpectedly joined them for their tea time.

I could only stretch a smile and nod in response. Seeing her face made me jump to this crazy conclusion but facing reality was much harder than i thought. I was nothing like Ran after all.