Egomania

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

"I shall send our men to escort her. The more she resist,more will be the damage"

Sixteen years. For sixteen years you've lived with the pain of being dead alive. A life where loneliness made itself a home and being feared was the only way to survive. A life where you had learned to normalise being bullied and hurt. When time was made to tick away by means of drinks and temporary companies. When you don't even matter to anyone.. even to the person who matter the most to you.

Then you finally found a place where you fit in. You meet people who care deeply about your every detail. You get to share a life with people who've committed to protect you for their lives. You felt yourself ultimately falling in love..

And now the person who claimed himself as your 'Dad' with no fulfillment of any of his father duties wants to tear you apart for a new beginning again? He left you to be miserably looked down as 'unwanted' and now he wants to build a dependable future for you? What in the actual hell??

What will you tell Ran? How will you face Rindou with this news? There seem to be no way out from the words he left to your mom. At this point,you might even inflict damage to the brothers.

Is this how it is actually bound to end?

Is this the short-lived happy story you've always despised?

Life really is a bitch huh..

One moment you had the whole world and next day,you lose everything. One moment you smile and next day, pain awaits. This interchanging cycle of emotions had always favoured you since childhood. Now it comes to the point of time where you actually had enough of it. This battle of life versus you...you feel yourself slowly giving up.

"Y/n baby...",your mom peeked through your room.

You hummed as a response,lying pathetically on your bed.

You haven't left your room again since last night  you heard the news. The thoughts of hatred towards the man you've never met and ways to escape from him kept you company.

"You good there?", she welcomed herself next to you on the bed.

"Not really",you thoughtlessly mumbled,eyes still latched on the ceiling.

Your mom heavily exhaled,hating to see you in such state.

She had always internally wished you would stay with her forever.
Later,she had to let you go for you to spread your wings and chase your own happiness.

Through the pain,she had learned to enjoy seeing you bloom.
And now she had to see you on the brink of being teared apart.
She hated herself for being more helpless than you already are.

She felt like she only had one choice as for now....

"I hate bringing this up but it would be selfish of me to keep this to myself..."

You side-eyed her to see a troubled expression on her face.

"Your dad and I met during our Med courses in University. He was one of the top students who excel both academically and socially. It was very silly of me but i hated him for being such an impeccable person.

One evening,i stayed behind to complete my research which was due the next day. Soon as I was done,i hurried home and stopped by the nearest convenience store to grab dinner. I rushed into the store and bumped into whoever was walking out of the store. Guess who that person was?