Youthful Bonding

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

°

*Y/n's POV*

"What do you mean when you say 'It ain't gonna be bed of roses' the other day?",you asked,hoping he would tell you in the midst of your perfect chemistry.

He thought about it for a moment and went away to the kitchen.

Does he not wanna tell you?

Minutes later,he came back with a plate and a glass of juice in his hands, tucking the ice pack in between his arms and body as well.

"Eat breakfast and I'll tell you",he handed the plate to you.

"I'm still not hungry though",you denied.

"No. You have to eat it. Take the plate, I'm about to freeze",he shoved the plate closer to your face.

Left with no choice,you finally took it and consumed some of it. He placed the juice in front of you on the table as well. After settling himself down at the other end of the couch,he lift your knees and place them in his lap,applying the ice pack to your knee gently.

Rindou's surprisingly gentle..or is it just you? You had thought you wouldn't get along and find him weird before. After all, he hid this side of him with his arrogancy so well. But now he's one of the few people you can have a normal conversation with and entrust. He even fixed your dislocated knee. You then remembered how Ran had told you about Rindou and he's right...he's really a ball of angel.

"Even if you don't feel hungry,you must eat regularly. Especially when you consume amphetamines",he looked at you directly in the eye.

You almost spit the food in your mouth due to shock. He knew that too?

"How'd you know?",you asked.

"Eyes. Words. Actions",he dryly replied.

You decided to remain quiet for shameful reasons. It was true. You were once reminded about how the drug always completely turn you into a brand new person and you'd wanna do something you never wanna do without any feeling of guilt. It was a double-edged sword.

Just like Ran.

"Are you gonna tell me what i asked you or....",you divert the topic, placing the half-empty plate on the table and picked up the glass of juice.

"First promise me one thing"

"Ehh? You have too many conditions. That's not fair",you argued.

"No really..this is important",he looked so worried and serious.

"Fine!!",you agreed and took a sip of the juice.

"Promise me you'll never take the drug in Ran or my absence",he proposed.

Lost from where that came from,you simply nodded your head. You actually don't understand if he was just careful or worried about you. It was as if he's your mother.

"Can you tell me now?",you asked again.

"Okay, okay!..", he sighed in defeat.

"You know why Ran and I attended the Triads meeting a few days before?",he started,"To form a pact. The old and mature gang leaders we defeated were supposed to attend the meeting but unfortunately we clashed before that happened,sending us to the uninvited assembly. Keeping myself aside as the weaker brother,let's talk about Ran. He is only 18 years old yet he had the whole of Roppongi in his hands.

Ran is a very strong and guileful young man. Knowing his potential,the higher ups wanted him under them. He has the advantage of attaining more authority and widen his territory if he served under them too,making it beneficial for them both. So what does that conclude?

'With more authority comes bigger responsibilities'

Ran cannot have anything to call as 'weakness' that can pull him down in case anything goes wrong. I once was. But I've become stronger now and I don't wanna hold him back from anything he wanna achieve. I wanna see him standing strong before me"

Rindou stretched a narrow smile at the end of his sentence - just like how Ran did when he talked about Rindou. They really are everything to each other.

"Why are you smiling for?",Rindou dumbfoundedly stared at you.

"Oh!", you just realised that you've been smiling for a while thinking about how much they mean to each other.

"Ran loves you too,you know..",you smiled as your eyes meet with his,"And i believe you're no weaker than him too".

He instantly looked away.

Haha..

He's shy!!

"There's only one person i put above Ran",he mumbled.

"Oh, who's the lucky person?",you shot up in curiousity.

He seemed to think about it again as he remained quiet.

Is he gonna tell you or....

"I am not telling you",he dryly stated again.

You felt like throwing a pillow at his face for the dry way he always caught you off. But his next words...

"But i promise i will protect you...and people you love for your happiness"

"Eh?",it slipped out of your mouth, catching you off guard. He promptly avoided eye contact with you too. The way he put it sounded like something he should promise to Nana and not you..

"Uh..i mean. Since you mean a lot to Ran...and since i want to help him, i'll look out for you too!!",it came out almost as a yell as he explained himself,looking into your eyes.

"Oh..in that way??",you nodded when he cleared your misunderstanding,"But,i can protect myself. I'm strong too",you raised your fist upwards.

"Says you when I'm here putting ice packs on your knee because you don't protect yourself",he sniggered and slightly pressed your knee.

"Ouc- Hey!! Accidents happen!! Don't you dare mock my knee!!",you clamored, lightly kicking him away.

"Oi,your kne- calm down, I'm just joking okay?",he broke into laughter on seeing the way you reacted to his joke,"You're too fun to tease"

Tch. These brothers love teasing you too much.

"I already know that you're one heck of a woman when you stand against Nana",he stated.

"Is she that strong?",you raised your brows.

"Nana? Yeah. I'll admit she is. Not only that she's strong, she's incredibly good at fighting. Believe it or not,i even lost to her once when i was younger",he cheekily admitted.

Well no wonder why she hated you so much-   she doesn't want another wild cat in her territory.

"So, finalizing my point,Roppongi and life with us is a hell hole. We'll have to run,fight or kill if it's inevitable. You're in for a ride. Be strong always okay?",he fervently smiled and extended his fist in front of you.

How close have you gotten with Rindou in such a short amount of time. He's very straightforward and easy to communicate with now. You can even crack a joke and be playful with each other now. Moreover,you can talk to him purely like normal 16 year olds do. It was a youthful bonding. The way he managed to nimbly handle you and was entirely devoted to you for the sake of Ran made you adore Rindou warm-heartedly.

"I will be strong!!",you pledged and extended your fist too,giving him a fist bump,"I will protect you too,Rindou!!".

"Oi,oi..you two seem to having fun together....."

Guess who came homeee~
End of Rindou fluffs for now😩✊
We'll have to see in the upcoming chapters 🌚
Vote reminder ✌️