INHUMAN 27: Ghoul

A roar broke the peaceful atmosphere and sent the enforcers into battle mode. Aizel and Loki were already on the move towards the source of the terrifying sound. They came to a bar almost at the edge of the city. The streets don't have much light and almost all buildings don't have lights.

"This area are mostly made of factories. Workers in this area doesn't usually stay here and have a dormitory middle range of the city. To have such a bar hidden here is really reckless." Loki commented as they stood in front of a seemingly empty building.

After a moment, they could already hear people stomping and screaming from the inside of the building. The metal door opened and several people came out in terror. These people immediately scattered away. The roar sounded clearer as more and more people were rushing outside.

Something large was following behind the escaping people and was creating loud roars. The creature that came out from the bar was almost eight meters in height. It has a weirdly shaped body. It has the lower body of a man but the upper body was a mismatch of unidentified things.

It has a bloated upper body with three heads that Loki couldn't recognize. The hands were too thin. On the body was a long vertical line. What stood out from it was the rotting smell that came from it. This gruesome appearance was becoming more and more disgusting that Loki was having a difficult time looking at it.

"What is this now?" Loki scrunched his face while assessing their enemy.

"A ghoul," Aizel answered. Based on the smell and the appearance he could say that it was indeed a ghoul.

The vertical line on its body suddenly opened and produced a roar that blew away the dust around them. It turned out that it was actually the creature's mouth. The smell also got stronger after the roar.

"Then we should burn it." Loki pulled out the automated bow he has and loaded it with arrows that explodes.

He aimed at the Ghoul Tenebrae and shot three exploding arrows. Because of the creature's big body, the arrows easily found their target and once the arrows hit the target, all three exploded at the same time. The creature howled in pain but it was not enough to bring it down.

Loki cursed when the arrows did not have an effect on the Tenebrae. He loaded his bow once again and tried for the second time but the monster was still standing after getting hit by six more exploding arrows. But this time, the monster's skin was sizzling and there were black spots on it. He wanted to cheer but the sight of those spots healing in an instant doused his excitement.

"Do you have enough arrows?" Aizel asked from the side after he observed the monster.

"I do." Loki confidently answered. "Do you have a plan?"

"I'll create an opening for you, don't miss them." Aizel left and rushed towards the monster.

He took out his twin daggers. He launched himself up and landed on top of the ghoul with his daggers going down and piercing through the ghoul's skin. Several cuts were left on the monster's skin before he jumped down and ran away.

Loki did not waste time as he simultaneously aimed at the cuts that Aizel created. Each arrow he shot successfully landed on the cuts and when it exploded, it took out a chunk of the ghoul's body leaving it in shambles.

The ghoul's flesh was wriggling as if looking for something to latch on. It was attempting to regenerate itself but Aizel did not give it a chance. He once again rushed forward and cut the remaining flesh from the ghoul.

A loud crash sounded in the area after the ghoul's upper body fell down on the ground after being separated from the feet that was supporting it. Aizel then kicked away the feet a few meters away from where they were. He then proceeded to take apart the ghoul and stop it from regenerating further.