INHUMAN 18: Alpha

The second in command nodded and rushed out of the room and ran towards where the alarm signal came from. He spotted a man standing calmly while being surrounded by wolves. Upon a closer look, he saw that the man was actually a youth with the palest complexion he has ever seen. He approached the group and measured the young man.

"I think you are lost young man. This property is restricted and you are trespassing." He gave an amicable smile to ease the situation in case the young man was really lost, but he still had his doubts.

Aizel returned the smile, "No, I think I'm at the right place."

"What do you mean?" The second in command stiffened and became more alert. It seems that the young man was not an ordinary man.

"Hmm, seeing that I'm the only one here, I'm guessing that the other group didn't find this place yet." His father's men were really efficient, in just one night they roughly deduced the area where the wolves were hiding, and with Aizel's uncanny ability to locate Tenebrae, he was able to pinpoint the exact location from all the information he received and went ahead and infiltrated the place. He was able to evade most of the traps placed around the area but the moment he stepped foot inside the territory, he was immediately discovered.

The defense system of these wolves was really impressive, so he stood there and let himself be surrounded by a dozen of them. They waited until a man appeared and Aizel guessed that this man would be of a high status in this pack. It was shown with how the wolves slightly relaxed when the man arrived and how they tensed up when they noticed that the man assumed a defensive position.

Without any words exchanged, these wolves attacked and subdued Aizel. He could fend them off but Aizel's purpose in coming to that place was not to fight them so he let himself be capture. He was pinned to the group by two wolves and had his hands cuffed on his back. They even bothered to blind fold him but this posed no problem for him.

They dragged him through the woods and on an uneven path. They walked for about thirty minutes before they finally reached a path that was actually cemented. He was harshly pulled to a separate house and was held there for questioning.

The blind fold was removed after he was tied to a metal chair. Aizel looked around and was not surprised that he was in an interrogation room. It was bare except for the lamp that was hanging above him. The walls were also made of metal and in front of him was another chair and behind that chair was a one-way glass that prevented him from seeing who was on the other room.

The second in command looked at the calm young man with a frown. He still had doubts about why the person remained defenseless even though he easily entered their well-guarded territory. He was now sure that the person's identity must not be simple.

Clive entered the room and saw the man they captured sitting in the other room. "Did he say anything?"

"Before we captured him, he was talking about 'the other group' but we never found anything regarding that matter, since he refuses to speak." The second in command explained.

Clive nodded. He looked at the young man once more before he went and entered the room. He sat on the seat in front of the young man. Looking at the intruder's face and built, Clive guessed that he must be at least in his twenties.

"Why don't we start with introductions?" Clive suggested. "I'm Clive Wulfric."

"Nice to meet you, Alpha Clive, I'm Aizel Aryster." The youth reciprocated.

"From what organization did you come from?" It was just a random question and he didn't expect the other person to actually answer.

"Well officially I'm from the HEO since my father works for that organization but I'm really just a reckless youth who disobeyed his father's command and came here to see if my deduction was correct. Does that answer your question?" Aizel answered without hesitation and before Clive was to speak, he once again heard the youth say, "by the way my father's name is General Leroy Aryster."

Clive remained silent for a moment. The general's name was not new to him since every information about the HEO was gathered and compiled. One of the most notable pieces of information they got is about General Aryster but it didn't say there that he has a son. "The general doesn't have a child."

Aizel chuckled, "That's because I'm not in his family's registry. I treat him as my father since he volunteered himself to become my guardian. It's not a public knowledge and just a few people know about my existence."

Clive still had his doubts though. He wouldn't easily believe a human's word. Many times, they were betrayed because they trusted human lies, their deceitfulness was beyond repair. "What's your orders?" He continued to ask ignoring the other person's earlier words.

"You don't believe me." Aizel chuckled and shook his head. "Oh well, that couldn't be helped. I'll still give you a piece of information though as a sign of goodwill." He grinned and leaned forward. A red glint appeared on Aizel's eyes which was clearly seen by Clive. "The man, you know, Cayn Calhoun, who is after me is also after you precious omega. If he finds this place your omega would likely be taken from your hands."

Clive abruptly stood up and glared at the man. He released the full force of his power in anger. "And you think we will ask for your organization's help? I fully know how sly and deceitful your kind is. We will never bow our heads to people like you." Just a few words and he already knew what Aizel was implying.

They wanted to put their hands in this matter and after the matter was resolved they will once again stab them in the back. Clive vowed that they would never happen again. He turned around and about to leave the room when the young man's next word froze him to his spot.

"He's dead." Clive looked him in the eye with conviction. The man's name was not new to them as Cayn was a notorious hunter of their kind.

"No, he's very much alive, he even tried to kill me. I'm sure that you are very clear on what Cayn Calhoun's background is so you'll understand the severity of this situation." Aizel was not intimidated by the Alpha's power. "And besides, who said I'm human?"

Clive turned back and observed the young man's expression. He could see that Aizel was not lying but he couldn't let his guard down. He reluctantly returned to his seat and once again faced Aizel.

"Talk."

"Calhoun is currently in Matrix City, the exact location, that I don't know. He's good at hiding, more efficient than your pack. After what happened last night, my father dispatched a special team to locate the omega, at the same time they collected pieces of information. The other group looking for the Omega was confirmed to be Calhoun's team and if I found you, they will surely find this place. It was just luck that I arrived first." Aizel explained and waited for the Alpha to digest all that he had said.

"And what do you propose?" Clive asked although he already knew what Aizel would say he was keener on knowing what the compensation would be.

"We will help you protect the omega, my father and I didn't move under the HEO's command, we are moving on our own initiative. No need to worry, the organization doesn't have a hand on this." Aizel smiled in a very relaxed manner. It doesn't really matter if the Alpha agrees or not, he would still do what he likes.

"And what's the catch?" It's a tempting offer but it all depends on what the compensation would be.

"Your cooperation." Aizel simply answered.

Clive saw the meaningful look from Aizel and he was confused for a moment before his eyes widened in realization, based on their conversation something big would happen.

Clive couldn't help but narrow his eyes, "You are ambitious."

"Yes, I am but my father is more ambitious than I." Aizel chuckled at a sudden memory from a long time ago. He considered himself ambitious but his father was even more so.

"I will agree for now and see what you could do and to remind you, the omega you are looking for is my son. If I feel any betrayal that will endanger my son's life, I will destroy you even if it costs me my life." Clive stood up and left the room. Aizel remained silent as he remembered a time when the general almost died protecting him. He could clearly remember his father's words.

"You're my son, it is a parent's duty to protect those of his own even if it costs them their lives," was his father's words that were deeply rooted inside his heart. That was the first time he ever cried and felt the warmth of someone he thought he forgot. He shook his head to prevent him from going deeper or else he might lose control.

Inhuman Instinctजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें