INHUMAN 11: Ghost

The next day Aizel left and traveled to a hidden location just outside Matrix City to meet one of his father's trusted subordinates. Along the way, the car suddenly stopped causing Aizel to frown. He looked in front and saw that a black van was blocking their way. His frown deepened and before he could do anything, a sharp long knife pierced through the car's roof instantly killing the driver.

Aizel and his bodyguards reacted and got out of the car ready to fight. On top of the car was a Tenebrae standing under the daylight which was a rarity to these monsters. Most Tenebrae chose to attack at night because they couldn't freely move around during the day. In short, they were sensitive to light. Seeing one of their kind perfectly fine under the sun was definitely new.

The Tenebrae has a similar body to a human but both of its entire arms were transformed into twin blades. It was also wearing a mask so it was a little bit hard to recognize what it looked like.

In the blink of an eye, the Tenebrae disappeared and appeared behind one of the guards. Its transformed arm pierced through the bodyguard's body which instantly killed him. With the Tenebrae's fast movements, it became almost invisible to the other people with Aizel but Aizel could still clearly see the Tenebrae's movements.

Aizel did not remain timid as he too used his incredible speed to attack the Tenebrae. He used his hands to pierce the body but the monster was able to block the attack. A barrage of attacks came from Aizel but the Tenebrae was still standing with minor injuries. Aizel jumped back and narrowed his eyes. It was unusually strong but nothing that he couldn't deal with.

This time the Tenebrae took the chance to launch an attack which Aizel easily dodged and with his keen vision he saw an opening. His hand made a move and finally pierced the monster's side. He was about to do another attack while the Tenebrae was stunned when he heard a very familiar voice which made him freeze.

The monster took this moment to attack Aizel. The bladed hand swiped towards him while he was stunned. Aizel wasn't able to dodge and sustained a deep gash on his chest. When the second bladed hand swiped again, he managed to take a step back and avoid another direct hit.

Blood flowed from his wound but he disregarded it as his eyes focused on the person standing beside the black van. At that moment, he also noticed that all of his escorts were already dead. He clenched his fists as he gave the hateful man a glare and yet he still trembled.

It was a conditioned reflex he got whenever he saw that person in the past. He couldn't believe that after years of escaping from his grasp, he hasn't recovered yet. There was then a feeling of disbelief at the sight of the man but it just disappeared as fast as it appeared.

"You're supposed to be dead!" He roared as he did his best to reign himself from attacking the loathsome man.

"Found you," the man's cold voice echoed throughout the empty place. Although he was wrapped from head to toe, Aizel knew who the man was. The cold voice still had a piercing effect on his being. Aizel stiffened and felt his heartbeat increase at the sight of the man who destroyed his life.

"Do you really think you could escape me? I own you Aizel," his grin widened as he focused on Aizel.

"You're dead, you're supposed to be dead. I saw you burn." The fear inside Aizel was palpable. He was visibly shaking at the sight of his tormentor.