INHUMAN 6: Day One

At exactly seven am, Aliyah arrived at the Aryster Manor that was located in the western suburbs of Matrix City. The manor was surrounded by trees and to reach the main house, one would need a car. She parked her motorcycle in front of the high-rise door and not long after, a butler came to meet her.

She was ushered to the living area where she sat on the couch and was offered a drink. Even though the manor was spacious, it was still simply decorated with colors of gold and silver. The living room was littered with green plants and paintings of nature. It was also very open with floor to ceiling windows that showed the gardens outside. Overall, the place would give anyone a comfortable feeling.

"Enforcer Walker?" A soft voice called out from behind. She stood up and faced the owner of the voice.

A young man with silvery hair and a fair face was standing not far from her. He had deep blue eyes that were somewhat dull. He looked so frail under the sunlight. Add to that his lean build, it would give anyone the illusion that he could break anything. A soft smile appeared on the young man's face when he saw how the woman was observing him.

"Yes, that's me." She composed herself and donned on her cold mask. Even though he looked like he could be blown by the wind anytime, she would not bring her defenses down.

"Do you perhaps recognize me?" He asked again in a soft voice. His head slightly tilted to the side as he waited for the woman's answer.

He held himself back from striding forward to hug the woman because he couldn't believe it. The woman in front of him now was different from the child he once knew. She was more beautiful and mature now even with the air of aloofness around her. He was truly glad to see her again.

She was puzzled because of the sudden question but she still answered. "Sorry sir but I don't recognize you." She didn't recognize the man and she had no memories of anyone with his looks.

Aizel's smile dropped at the woman's words. He expected this to happen but to actually experience it was something entirely different. But he couldn't do anything, it's been years since they last saw each other and he had changed a lot especially on his outer appearance.

All he could do at that moment was to let out a sigh of disappointment. "Sorry then, I must have mistaken you for someone who was dear to me," he answered and smiled bitterly. Even if it took a long time for her to remember him, he would still do his best to stay by her side.

He gestured for the Aliyah to sit down before he took a seat. "Sorry for being rude and not introducing myself first. I'm Aizel Aryster and I will be in your care from now on."

She nodded. She already guessed from the moment she saw her that this man would be her charge. "Well, yeah I will also be in your care." She answered with a bit of sarcasm in her voice.

Aizel detected the plasticity in her tone but he didn't mind. It would not be advisable if he would comment on her tone and he did not want to disappoint her any longer because what his father did was already enough. Now his mission was to make sure that Aliyah would have a more positive opinion of him.

General Aryster saw what happened and chose to interrupt at that moment. "Ah, you are already here, Enforcer Walker and of course you've already met my son, I hope the two of you get along well." He said in an awfully cheery voice which made Aliyah frown. She really had no good impression of the overbearing general whatsoever.